• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

I literally haven't been on these hallowed boards in forever...bottom line, what's the ETA for economy these days? Last I checked in circa 2012 time frame was upwards of six months or more.

I have a bunch of crummy books and need to feed the CGC machine.

It's better than in 2012 - I believe economy subs are running at about 4 months now.

I literally haven't been on these hallowed boards in forever...bottom line, what's the ETA for economy these days? Last I checked in circa 2012 time frame was upwards of six months or more.

It's better than in 2012 - I believe economy subs are running at about 4 months now.

It's quite a statement on TATs when 4 months counts as "better".

Think Valentines day gift if your submitting this week Economy non fast track.

I just keep submitting and tat seem to be a little better. I think this thread is great for estimating tat, but some of you guys are just too impatient.

Pat,

I hope you and your family are well.

I just wait, and wait, and wait, and wait a little bit more and eventually the newly graded books arrive and then it starts all over again. :kidaround: (Mr. Curly Howard was a genius!)

Coupon submission (posted 15 day TAT + 2 con Fridays = October 28 estimate)

Received 10/2/14

Verified 10/3/14

10/20 - still sitting at verified (going to be tough to make the 28th due date)

I'm pretty sure it won't make this date. All the other coupons have not made this TAT and I don't expect yours will be the first :sorry:

Received 10/2/14

Verified 10/3/14

I'm pretty sure it won't make this date. All the other coupons have not made this TAT and I don't expect yours will be the first :sorry:

I wasn't holding my breath that it would make the posted TAT when I sent it in.

It can be graded and shipped in a day. Lots of time.

I can see it hitting SFG and graded the same day, or over two days, but I can't see the dreaded encapsulation bottleneck taking less than a solid week. I'd love to be wrong though.

I just keep submitting and tat seem to be a little better. I think this thread is great for estimating tat, but some of you guys are just too impatient.

Pat,

I hope you and your family are well.

I just wait, and wait, and wait, and wait a little bit more and eventually the newly graded books arrive and then it starts all over again. :kidaround: (Mr. Curly Howard was a genius!)

Manny,

Hope all has been well for you also! The waiting certianly leaves much to be desired, but I think it is slowly improving.

update

MFT #1 - rec ? > ver 2/18 > sch 2/27 > grd 2/28 > grd/QC 3/12 > shipped 3/13

MFT #2 - rec 2/24 > ver 2/26 > sch 3/5 > grd 3/10 > grd/QC 3/18 > shipped 3/20

Modern - rec 2/24 > ver 2/26>sch3/19>grd 4/1>grd/qc 4/16>shipped 4/17

MFT #3 - rec 4/3>ver 4/9>sch 4/16>grd 4/18>grd/QC 4/24>shipped 4/25

Value FT #1 - rec 4/7>verified 4/16>sch 5/7>grd 5/12> grd/qc 5/17>shipped 5/19

Coupon - rec 5/19 > ver 5/20>sch 6/2>grd 6/3 >grd/QC 6/5>shipped

MFT#3 - rec 6/16>ver?>sch 6/30>graded 7/1>grd/qc 7/3>shipped 7/10

MAGEXP#1 - rec 7/3>ver 7/7>sch 7/7>grd 7/9>grd/qc 7/17>shipped 7/17

MFT#4 - rec 7/3>ver 7/8>sch 7/16>graded 7/17>grd/qc 7/21>shipped 7/22

Express - rec 7/7>ver 7/7>scheduled 7/7>grd 7/9>grd/qc 7/11>shipped 7/14

EFT#1 - rec 6/16>ver 6/17>sch 7/16>graded 7/21>grd/qc 7/29>???>shipped? can't remember

ModernSlow - rec 7/7>ver 8/15>sch 8/25>grd 8/27>grd/qc 9/10>shipped 10/1

MFT#5 - rec 9/8>ver 9/11> sch 9/16>grd 9/16> grd/qc 9/20>shipped 9/22

New submission

MFT#6 - rec 10/3>ver 10/13>scheduled for grading 10/16>graded 10/18

MFT#7 - rec 10/20

Received 10/2/14

Verified 10/3/14

10/21 - still at verified, but my brother's coupon sub in the same shipment as my books moved to SFG today :wishluck:

Question - has anyone ever had an invoice lose it's "key comments" field during the process? I have a Standard Invoice currently marked "graded" and when it moved from "verified" to "Scheduled for Grading" they added the key comments. I had specifically requested that something be added to the CGC label as a key comment and they approved it via email. I was happy to see it hit the label the other day but as of today, it's been removed again. Status has not changed and is still "graded". This is a 2 book invoice and both books lost their key comments field. The Art Comments section has not changed. I've never noticed this before - but I could just be hyper sensitive to the issue because of the key comment request I made. Anyways, I'm not too worried about it and if this is a normal occurrence that others have experienced, I'd be curious to know.

Value - 15 books

Invoice Date: 6/23/2014

Sitting at "Graded" for weeks

:pullhair:

Still holding tight at 'Graded'… zzz

I called, asked to check on the status of an invoice, and got a hugh sigh from the CSR on the other end. Sounds like they're getting tired of all of us calling.

I have a solution! :baiting:

I've made the leap from 'Grade' to 'Grading/Quality Control'...only a few short months to go... :banana: