• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,450 posts in this topic

Just got the grades for my latest submission from CGC and I will post my Bone #1 once it arrives. It graded out higher than I expected. :banana:

7/91 Cartoon Books Bone 1 9.8

pedigee: country: variant:

category: Modern page quality: WHITE

Edited by kimik

Just got the grades for my latest submission from CGC and I will post my Bone #1 once it arrives. It graded out higher than I expected. :banana:

:applause:(worship) Congrats!

Woah...not many of them around!!

What's the story on those then (?), I can't say I have ever looked into how many were printed. I was fortunate enough to have a chat with Jeff and Vijaya in Kendal at the Lakes Festival after Jeff had done a live radio interview for a breakfast show. It was sheer coincidence that we were in the same place where it took place and nobody else was around in the gallery because the festival proper wasn't starting for another 60 - 90mins (can't recall exactly). I didn't actually think I would be able to see Jeff that weekend as some of the events I attended clashed with his and his signings. Usual small talk and some Bone fan stuff, then Jeff asked me if I had seen how much these were going for on eBay, I said that I had and they both said they must have a box of them lying around somewhere :eyeroll:

Anyway he was kind enough to sketch whilst chatting... and then it turned out later on that I was able to get to his table in time by the skin of my teeth. The placement of his bag in the third pic says "last sketch of the day!".

MqJPURQ.jpg

hPTNldz.jpg

4I563hk.jpg

8llEuzI.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics Garth. Jeff sure looks different than the last time I saw him, in 09'. I took a picture for him and Slash (G&R) together at the Book Expo in LA.

The "story" on Bone 1 I think you mean? Well it's always been tough in grade, and especially in 9.8. Heck in anything past 9.0 imo. I'm sure Jeff has them tucked away, but whether they are high grade is another story all together.

:applause:(worship) Congrats!

+1 Congrats!

I honestly don't know. He asked me for my name. I don't usually go for personalisation but I knew I was keeping it so didn't decline it. The TWD blank and the other quick sketch he did for me aren't personalised so based only on my own experience you can ask for either.

Wow. According to GPA this 9.6 Bone #1 sold for $2350 this month.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bone-1-Jeff-Smith-1st-Print-CGC-9-6-WHITE-pages-/291285244252?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43d1f4195c

Looks like it is starting to float up along with all of the other Copper and Modern keys or 1st apps that are popping.