• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

So who's gonna take the opposing view today?

Hopefully someone that has a high enough number of transactions around here to merit a worthy opinion.

(worship)

Yet one more person that deserves to be put on personal lists of "Do not sell to or buy from." Something about the way it was written irks me. Nonchalantly, as if it is a standard practice.

He changed his mind when people got on his case about it, so maybe we cut him a break. Not everyone is born with full knowledge of the sacrosanctity of deals on The Boards.

If he'd gone the typical, "You comic nerds hiding behind your computers in mom's basement make me laugh out loud with my Huge Rims" route, it'd be a different story.

He changed his mind when people got on his case about it, so maybe we cut him a break. Not everyone is born with full knowledge of the sacrosanctity of deals on The Boards.

If he'd gone the typical, "You comic nerds hiding behind your computers in mom's basement make me laugh out loud with my Huge Rims" route, it'd be a different story.

Again though, he types everything like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. He claims that he sees it all of the time with no comments. Since when? Then says the "only thing I apologize for" is the fact it is being commented on in the thread. Hes not really accepting much responsibility there. A simple, "I didn't know that was not allowed. I apologize and will of course pay for the books." would have went a long way.

Again though, he types everything like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. He claims that he sees it all of the time with no comments. Since when? Then says the "only thing I apologize for" is the fact it is being commented on in the thread. Hes not really accepting much responsibility there. A simple, "I didn't know that was not allowed. I apologize and will of course pay for the books." would have went a long way.

Yeah, I hear you. Still, he didn't go full condescending blowout, so it could be worse.

Yeah, I hear you. Still, he didn't go full condescending blowout, so it could be worse.

I get where you're coming from. You're right. He could have gone "full n00b off the deep end."

I get where you're coming from. You're right. He could have gone "full n00b off the deep end."

Seems to me he agreed to take it. Not sure why we would ask for more.

Seems to me he agreed to take it. Not sure why we would ask for more.

To me, the issue is concluded as long as he follows through with comicnut.

However, he should have gone looking for his digital alternative before he committed to buying. (shrug)

Agreed but outside this board finding a better deal is the norm. A deal is not a deal until you're holding the money. It all comes down to your selling philosophy.

He is doing the right thing so that is all that matters. Yes, it is very common outside of the boards but hopefully no one thinks it is ok on the boards.

Agreed but outside this board finding a better deal is the norm. A deal is not a deal until you're holding the money. It all comes down to your selling philosophy.

An "I'll take it" is an "I'll take it"

Only the seller can void it