• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

The Penguin/Cobblepot just steals the show every time he is in a scene.

By far the biggest surprise.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that he was my old neighbor for years and we were buddies. He's just a great guy and I couldn't be happier for his success. He is fantastic in this and this role is doing wonders for his career.

If you're not familiar with him, he was also great in the movie Accepted and he just made a brief appearance in last weeks Walking Dead.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that he was my old neighbor for years and we were buddies. He's just a great guy and I couldn't be happier for his success. He is fantastic in this and this role is doing wonders for his career.

If you're not familiar with him, he was also great in the movie Accepted and he just made a brief appearance in last weeks Walking Dead.

That's pretty cool that you know him. I guess it makes his successes that much more personal, and has to bring a smile to your face.

:applause:

That still blows me away he was the blond getting his throat cut. It didn't even hit me who it was because I have gotten used to his Penguin black hair.

jada pinkett needs to go. Her character is just ridiculously bad. other than that, this is my favorite show next to Arrow

I saw the fourth episode last night.

'Seduce me!'

Please studio gods, make the pain go away. I will sacrifice many comics in your name.

:gossip:Of course none of them will involve Batman or related characters. That would be sacrilege.

The Penguin/Cobblepot just steals the show every time he is in a scene.

By far the biggest surprise.

I know - it's amazing how he grows on you. He's got the best "villain" part of the whole show, I like what they are doing with him.

I don't know much about the Bat universe, but I like the potential behind the idea of the singer being Harley Quinn - not so much as being accurate, but I think that her presence on the show could be the "Joker" element. Gotham clearly plays fast and loose with the timline, so maybe...

Any other suggestions who the singer might turn out to be? Or maybe she's just a creation of the show - Fish Mooney is exclusive to the show, right? She doesn't exist in the comics does she?

Would be amazeballs if they reveal the singer to be Harley. Harley hasn't been in any non-animated TV show/movie right???

Looks like the actress is Makenzie Leigh...although virtually no info about her online.

With it's current timeline, the singer being Harley would be way off. Bruce and Selina are kids now, and I've always thought of Harley Quinn to be much younger than those two.

She was in Arrow.

Harley is either in school getting her degree or working as a Psychiatrist. No way she's singing in some Fish's bar. The girl wouldn't make a good Harley anyway.

I want a glimpse of the man playing Joker! Who knows how old he is though if Bruce is, what, 9-10? Here is an article that talks about Joker's (and Batman's) age: http://gothamalleys.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-old-is-batman-and-joker.html

I am really liking the show and I completely agree that the Penguin/Oswald Cobblepot is stealing the show! He's been amazing so far

jada pinkett needs to go. Her character is just ridiculously bad. other than that, this is my favorite show next to Arrow

'Seduce me!'

Please studio gods, make the pain go away. I will sacrifice many comics in your name.

:gossip:Of course none of them will involve Batman or related characters. That would be sacrilege.

turok01valiant.jpg

-slym

'Seduce me!'

turok01valiant.jpg

-slym

:sumo:

Je2nQ5.jpg

it is definitely growing on me. Last night's episode was good. I am wondering who the girl singer is meant to be.... Harley perhaps?

I sat up and took notice when she sang the Echo And The Bunnymen title song from their 1984 LP, Ocean Rain

It was "Spellbound" by Souxsie and the Banshees.

(thumbs u

Sorry, I was referring to the song sang in the first audition. Curious isn't it that both songs are from the same era.

Thought I would dislike this show. I was wrong. I like it. Fishy girl needs to go. Harley should be younger than Bruce at this moment in the timeline. Enjoying the Penguin. I hope they don't take him farther to the edge. That's Joker territory. :)

Harley slated to appear on Gotham :banana:

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-gotham--at-paleyfest--want-a-role-on-the-show--bring-a-shirless-man-on-a-leash-and-other-revelations-131630183.html

7. Harley Quinn

Cannon confirmed that the fan favorite villain would be making an appearance – he even went so far as to say she was his favorite Batman character – but he wouldn't give a specific date. "It's much better to have a show where the anticipation for these characters is much better than me saying, 'It's going to be on next November.'"

Edited by Junkdrawer

The Penguin is still by far the best character in the show and I am looking forward to his rise in the ranks. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of The Joker. Have we heard when that will be? Any clues out there?

So far, Gotham is picking slowly its pace - building a network of story plots between these characters. Now with Harley Quinn stated to make her appearance later - by next November? Should be good.

I do notice that young Bruce is getting deeper in sharping his detective skills to uncover Arkham Asylum issue. I think by around Christmas season - Bruce will make the decision to take further education in detective science course maybe? hm

Highlights:

- Introducing Venom into the universe of the TV show.

- Bruce showing signs of the "World's Greatest Detective" in him.

- Catwoman doing Catwoman things. Pickpocketing people and moving like, well, Catwoman.

- Bruce getting the f out of the house.

- Alfred seemingly accepting that Bruce has changed and starting to help Bruce in his endeavors.