• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Considering that they came from Terminus, I am sure that by now they must be fairly well aware that everyone turns upon their deaths, and at what point after death does the meat become tainted? At least on the show, the bodies were bled out, but we don't know at what point they were decapitated. Certainly they died before this, so would the meat become tainted immediately? And no guarantee that eating tainted meat would cause them to die from infection the same way a bite would. I am no expert on the matter but I think that food does not necessarily enter the blood stream.

Alexandria soon? From Norman Reedus' twitter feed.

http://i.imgur.com/OMB3RLj.png

hm

Sure seems like it's headed that way... if it so happens they follow the book's storyline, I can't wait to see Eugene get decked in the jaw by Abraham; that should be occurring pretty soon. Although very little focus has been given to Eugene using his radio, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Considering that they came from Terminus, I am sure that by now they must be fairly well aware that everyone turns upon their deaths, and at what point after death does the meat become tainted? At least on the show, the bodies were bled out, but we don't know at what point they were decapitated. Certainly they died before this, so would the meat become tainted immediately? And no guarantee that eating tainted meat would cause them to die from infection the same way a bite would. I am no expert on the matter but I think that food does not necessarily enter the blood stream.

I wondered something similar to this when they slit throats in the first episode. A slit throat doesn't keep them from turning.

I wondered something similar to this when they slit throats in the first episode. A slit throat doesn't keep them from turning.

But the bat to the head does.

We have Boardies from all walks of life. Where is our expert butcher?

I thought they used the trough to drain the blood so there was less mess later not because they thought they were getting rid of the infection.

Does anyone believe that one of the Hunters is going to turn into a walker from eating Bob or that something will come out of "tainted meat"? (shrug)

Or is the reason behind "tainted meat" just a psychological attack by Dale (presumably Bob) knowing that he is probably done for and this is either (1) a FU to his captors or (2) a last ditch effort to be freed or killed quickly to save being eaten slowly.

I don't think questions of what "tainted meat" will really lead to will be answered. 2c

Tainted meat is definitely fear of the unknown, so it's absolutely psychological warfare. Everyone is already infected, but the thing is, how many people in TWD universe actually know that? Aside from that, the "virus" itself is it airborne? That would probably make most sense since every human being is infected. Since it's likely it isn't foodborne, eating an infected person would probably not cause the cannibal to become more sick, would it?

What we do know is that zombie bites are a kiss of death and those bit die most of the time and rather quickly too. So, what about the zombie bite causes people to die and would there be a correlation with that and eating tainted meat?

:shrug: :ohnoez:

This Hunter storyline is going to play out for a while. I hope they keep Gareth around, because he's a sick mofo.

How are we not talking about Beth, Carol and Darryl?!?!

+1 who the hell is driving that car?

It's Aaron heading back to Alexandria. "I was spying on your people to figure out who was good and who wasn't. I wanted to grab your friend Daryl, but the walkers had surrounded the place so I was only able to get Beth." [Go on, post your fancy map :baiting: ]

We know it's not The Hunters/Terminus. We know it's not Gabriel. It's not Morgan. Unless they're just going to create new characters in the show?

Or... :idea: ... maybe Beth died and it caused Daryl to crack and the car is all in Daryl's head. :insane: Did Carol SEE the car? All she said is "what are you doing?!" :o

This Hunter storyline is going to play out for a while. I hope they keep Gareth around, because he's a sick mofo.

It's Aaron heading back to Alexandria. "I was spying on your people to figure out who was good and who wasn't. I wanted to grab your friend Daryl, but the walkers had surrounded the place so I was only able to get Beth." [Go on, post your fancy map :baiting: ]

We know it's not The Hunters/Terminus. We know it's not Gabriel. It's not Morgan. Unless they're just going to create new characters in the show?

Or... :idea: ... maybe Beth died and it caused Daryl to crack and the car is all in Daryl's head. :insane: Did Carol SEE the car? All she said is "what are you doing?!" :o

+1

The house was an 'Alexandria' test.

Daryl and Beth treated the corpse respectfully, left some food behind and appeared 'decent'.

When Aaron was about to invite them - walkers attacked. They could only save Beth.

She will be at Alexandria, waiting for the 'crew' - who it has to be said, have turned into a formidable kick-butt group.

+1

The house was an 'Alexandria' test.

Daryl and Beth treated the corpse respectfully, left some food behind and appeared 'decent'.

When Aaron was about to invite them - walkers attacked. They could only save Beth.

She will be at Alexandria, waiting for the 'crew' - who it has to be said, have turned into a formidable kick-butt group.

If it's Aaron, Alexandria is no longer Alexandria. I doubt they'd travel 550+ miles just to find small groups.

search2_zps4e93502c.jpg

:gossip: sorry - I didn't know 'Alexandria' was a city!

Geography ignorance..... :sorry:

Maybe they are just going to name it something else?

I still think Swick is right about the premis - maybe just based somewhere else of a different name.

It's not like the show hasn't taken a tangent or two.

So for us foreigners - if they do still head to California - how long would the drive be?

Who do you think is in the car if not a deritative of "Aaron"?

:gossip: sorry - I didn't know 'Alexandria' was a city!

Geography ignorance..... :sorry:

Maybe they are just going to name it something else?

I still think Swick is right about the premis - maybe just based somewhere else of a different name.

It's not like the show hasn't taken a tangent or two.

So for us foreigners - if they do still head to California - how long would the drive be?

Who do you think is in the car if not a deritative of "Aaron"?

I have no idea who's in the car. It could be Aaron, but they'd have to be someplace in South Carolina or Tennessee. Alexandria is a town right outside of Washington D.C., so in the comics, Aaron probably found them someplace north of Richmond, VA.

When did they head to California? :shrug:

But for and giggles, California is a very very large state, so let's say they are going to Los Angeles. According to GOOGLE, They would have to travel 2265 miles. So, 31 days and 2 hours on foot with no rest, zombies or cannibals.

Tbh, I had no idea the comics use of geography was so accurate.

Maybe the Cali trip is the spin-off show.

I guess we will see.

Thanks for that.