• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Okay, get rid of Ward. Same with the Brits. Make sure Skye keeps her hair down. Her melon head is too big otherwise. That's enuff for a start.

What`s wrong with the show that nobody talks about is Coulson seems to be boring. He was great in the Marvel movies, but comes off as a goody two shoe dullard here. :o Imagine if Nick Fury was leader of the show, instead of Coulson ?

It not only would be more interesting, but the ratings would be higher.

Did you watch this last episode? He certainly wasn't boring this past week, but I tend to agree with you about the other early episodes this season.

The show is fine. We're spoiled on a shows like Breaking Bad. I actually watch this show, whereas other shows, I'm doing other things while the show is on, and I have to re-watch it.

Okay, get rid of Ward. Same with the Brits. Make sure Skye keeps her hair down. Her melon head is too big otherwise. That's enuff for a start.

What`s wrong with the show that nobody talks about is Coulson seems to be boring. He was great in the Marvel movies, but comes off as a goody two shoe dullard here. :o Imagine if Nick Fury was leader of the show, instead of Coulson ?

Did you watch this last episode? He certainly wasn't boring this past week, but I tend to agree with you about the other early episodes this season.

The show is fine. We're spoiled on a shows like Breaking Bad. I actually watch this show, whereas other shows, I'm doing other things while the show is on, and I have to re-watch it.

When I watch the show it feels like a chore, unlike Gotham which is fun.

Anyone else notice that there is hardly any merchandising for this show?

That`s a tip off for me that this show doesn`t have a long run ahead.

We will see. The ratings will decide in the end.

btw I hope I am wrong. :wishluck:

I am sorry it just doesn`t excite me like the Marvel movies.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

you were already shown to be wrong, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what excites them. Gotham is getting panned pretty universally, so its good that there are some people that enjoy it.

Hopefully it makes it to season two :wishluck:

your not alone, i watch it but at the end of the episode i'm left meh and not excited for the next episode. i would love for them to make a show that doesn't have to depend so much on the movies. like last season Cap 3 was the only movie that made any affect to the show and yet the show has done no affect to any movies and i don't think it ever well.

Which show am I talking about? They're fighting a prominent, known enemy while the lead tries to change the culture of corruption. They solve cases along the way.

About the last episode, did Coulson and May spend about 20 minutes of the show breaking in to steal the painting just to have Sky remotely lookup somehow that Talbot took the painting earlier? Why wouldn't they have figured out where the painting was before they executed the operation? SHIELD is a spy organization and I would expect better intelligence.

Also, the first conversation between Coulson and Talbot in the show was very strange. To sum up what was said:

Coulson: "Hey, please don't spoil our operation. You might benefit from it."

Talbot: "I might or might not spoil your operation."

I was happy to see the witty banter return this episode, even if the circumstances that got us the banter was contrived. I hope the future episodes don't have such forced and contrived storylines though. Basically, they had a checklist of items they wanted to hit and built a story around it. This week's episode was one of the weaker episodes of the series IMHO. I did like that Fitz is finally coming out of the funk he has been in.

Edited by rjrjr

About the last episode, did Coulson and May spend about 20 minutes of the show breaking in to steal the painting just to have Sky remotely lookup somehow that Talbot took the painting earlier? Why wouldn't they have figured out where the painting was before they executed the operation? SHIELD is a spy organization and I would expect better intelligence.

Also, the first conversation between Coulson and Talbot in the show was very strange. To sum up what was said:

I was happy to see the witty banter return this episode, even if the circumstances that got us the banter was contrived. I hope the future episodes don't have such forced and contrived storylines though. Basically, they had a checklist of items they wanted to hit and built a story around it. This week's episode was one of the weaker episodes of the series IMHO. I did like that Fitz is finally coming out of the funk he has been in.

Did you miss that he wasn't talking to Talbot but a guy disguised as Talbot?

Did you miss that he wasn't talking to Talbot but a guy disguised as Talbot?

No, I caught that. Still an awkward conversation either way.

That nicely sums it up for me. Although MAOS resuscitated itself toward the end of last season, it seems to be going in no particular direction this season. I really don't care who Skye's father is any more. I really don't care about what happens to Ward or Fitz. The show doesn't make for intelligent viewing either. At this point I only watch because I'm a Marvelite but I'm close to giving it up.

Gotham and The Flash, on the other hand, I look forward to watching.

I feel completely opposite about the show.

Flash is for teens, and Gotham is weak, but at least there is a DC fan boy convention in the Agents thread....

Since we are talking DC shows, Arrow is great, and only one worth watching imo. And then, only because they basically turned Green Arrow into Batman for the show. Which I suppose is great, since its basically a live action Batman with a Bow :). I feel like they are diluting the quality of Arrow a bit though as they try and bring in DCU characters.