• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,674 posts in this topic

Yes, the white of the cover paper is one of the things I value most.

Downgrading in such cases (when the books appears great looking) is most likely due to a very minor defect they tend to hammer: in the case of my #36 it’s a dust shadow on the back cover, it might be a partially detached centerfold or some other (to me ininfluential) minor defect. :)

Whiteness… :cloud9:

I have some VERY whites in the higher numbers as well… I think that at some point they changed the cover paper stock, as otherwise it’s not explainable.

I have had a dozen (so to speak) of #67, but no one is white as issues in the #70s or #80s.

Whiteness… :cloud9:

I have some VERY whites in the higher numbers as well… I think that at some point they changed the cover paper stock, as otherwise it’s not explainable.

I have had a dozen (so to speak) of #67, but no one is white as issues in the #70s or #80s.

It's funny but I've had nice white midgrade copies of 67 both cover and inside stock (I now have a 9.2). I have yet to run into a nice white 73, they always show tanning,even if only slightly. Anyone?

Beautiful books Bob! Aren't the 'curators' the stuff of legend concerning whiteness?