• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Hey does anyone know definitively if Ryan Reynolds has a contract for more than 1 GL movie?

I keep hearing different things from different sources, but nobody seems to have a lock on it.

Of course I'm fairly certain this has alot to do with the apparent lack of information regarding GL for a JL movie or BvS cameo. Someone must be grappling with this issue at WB.

Here's one observation about DC Silver Age keys that distinguish them from Marvel's: Generally, anyone collecting DC SA keys will be required to buy 2 keys for every Marvel. This is attributed to DC having the 1st appearances of its SA characters subsequently followed by the first issue of that hero's run:

Showcase 4 - Flash 105

Showcase 22 - Green Lantern 1

Brave and the Bold 28 - Justice League of America 1

Even the "lesser" DC SA keys require the collector to collect 2 books instead of Marvel's one:

Showcase 6 - Challengers of the Unknown 1

Showcase 9 - Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane 1

Showcase 20 - Rip Hunter, Time Master 1

Brave and the Bold 34 - Hawkman 1

Brave and the Bold 54 - Teen Titans 1

Showcase 27 - Sea Devils 1

Showcase 34 - Atom 1

Showcase 37 - Metal Men 1

Great list! Add:

Showcase 17 -- Mystery in Space 53

Showcase 30 -- Aquaman 1

Thanks for compiling this. Very good point and definitely adds to the relative difficulty for 'completists.'

Your welcome and thanks.

True but the -script is what is winning the hearts and minds of the audience and not the ethnicity/sex issue. So far, only the Batman franchise has managed to do the same despite 4 previous attempts.

You're right W. -script is king. That said, there has been continued discussion over the paucity of ethnic and female characters in franchises on either side.

I think it's interesting to see how DC and Marvel are posturing to address that.

You're right W. -script is king. That said, there has been continued discussion over the paucity of ethnic and female characters in franchises on either side.

I think it's interesting to see how DC and Marvel are posturing to address that.

I think it's a PC angle DC is taking in an effort to try to slow Marvel down.

I think it's a PC angle DC is taking in an effort to try to slow Marvel down.

Marvel zombie. :baiting:lol

A Wonder Woman movie makes sense if she is in Dawn of Justice and JLA. It is a no brainer due to the fit with the DCU, just like a ScarJo Black Widow movie would be fine for Marvel IMHO.

That being said, it will be interesting to see how many 2nd and 3rd tier character feature films get cancelled if Ant-Man flops. Announcing a production schedule for 1st tier characters is one thing, but if Ant-Man does not do well then I can see a lot of the fringe characters having their big screen debut cancelled. At some point the market will become oversaturated with comic movies, and 2 - 3 years from now we may be hitting that point.

Was wondering where my old copy ended up.