• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

Hey gang,

Not sure if it's ok to post this here. I apologize if anyone is offended.

I just put up my ST 110 CGC 6.0 on ebay.

It's got amazing eye appeal (8.0?) but the back cover has a flaw that brings it down to 6.0.

Take a look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161447314205?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thats a sexy copy, looks 8.0 easily, envious here.

Ended at $2705. I'm happy with that price, and I think the winner will be very happy too. Gorgeous front cover.

Benedict as Strange! (not confirmed yet but he's in talks)Very nice.. he was my first choice from the entire short(long)list. Hopefully, he will do the good doctor some justice.

+1

I'm stoked.

He is so good at "intelligent" dialogue. I don't even mind if they were to keep his British accent.

Try to picture in your minds eye how a spell incantation would sound like coming from him.

This is awesome news.

Edited by gadzukes

Benedict as Strange! (not confirmed yet but he's in talks)Very nice.. he was my first choice from the entire short(long)list. Hopefully, he will do the good doctor some justice.

+1

I'm stoked.

He is so good at "intelligent" dialogue. I don't even mind if they were to keep his British accent.

Try to picture in your minds eye how a spell incantation would sound like coming from him.

This is awesome news.

It's very easy to picture him doing that. lol If this goes through, I believe Marvel will have the next big star in the Marvel U that they've been looking for. :wishluck:

In my oppinion ST110 is still cheap.

Let make a prediction. What will the GPA be of a 4.0 1 month after the movie premiere in China (just to fix a point in time)? Current GPA is $1.329 with last sale of $1.550.

My prediction is $3.300.

Edited by AlexanderM

He's such a great character. With the ability to cross dimensions and the ability to wield magic, I think he's going to be an interesting character to watch on the big screen and in a short amount of time, Doctor Strange will become a household name. With a contract of 5 to 9 movies, his presence will be felt without question. Now all we need is a confirmation that Benedict has the role. (thumbs u

Not sure on a prediction but a copy that presents well, will be on many people's wish lists. :cloud9:

Let make a prediction. What will the GPA be of a 4.0 1 month after the movie premiere in China (just to fix a point in time)? Current GPA is $1.329 with last sale of $1.550.

My prediction is $3.300.

Two years ago the average 4.0 was $400

One year ago the average 4.0 was $800

The average 4.0 this year is approaching $1600

Notice a trend? It's doubling every year. I don't think it can possibly keep doubling every year but I do think it can double in price one more time before the movie comes out in 2016. I guess what I'm saying is..... $3300 for a 4.0 in two years is VERY possible.

So, the DS movie director made a reference to the "Doctor Strange: Into Shamballa" Graphic novel.

I went over to ebay to try to find one AND THEY'RE ALL GONE!!!!

Amazon has them but they start at $130.

Do graphic novels go up in value? I guess so.

Anyone have a reasonably priced DS: Shamballa they want to sell me. I don't know that story.

So, the DS movie director made a reference to the "Doctor Strange: Into Shamballa" Graphic novel.

I went over to ebay to try to find one AND THEY'RE ALL GONE!!!!

Amazon has them but they start at $130.

Do graphic novels go up in value? I guess so.

Anyone have a reasonably priced DS: Shamballa they want to sell me. I don't know that story.

I believe the good Doc gets it on w/ a bevvy of babes in that one. Classic Doc!

dr%20strange%20graphic%20novel%20into%20shamballa%2023p41%20%20%20400.jpg

My prediction is $3.300.

Do you really think it will get there? That's where TOS 39 is, and Stark is way more popular. I have ST110 so I hope you're right, but I just can't see it getting that high.

Do you really think it will get there? That's where TOS 39 is, and Stark is way more popular. I have ST110 so I hope you're right, but I just can't see it getting that high.

If the movie is another huge Disney blockbuster, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see prices like that. The books are equivalent in many ways, it just comes down to the popularity of the characters. The same logic goes for IM 1 vs DS 169.

Movie hype question (that has nothing to do with ST110, but has DS169 so I thought I'd put it here).

Question: If someone gave you a choice of a 9.8 copy of:

Doc Strange 169

Ms Marvel 1

Marvel Preview 4

Which one would you take?

Doc Strange 169 of course (because you're reading a ST110 thread).

It seems like it would be a slam dunk, but the surprising thing is, value wise MP4 is equal to DS169 right now and MM1 seems to be gaining fast.

DS169

9.8.....census = 30 copies.........value $3500

9.6.....census = 72 copies.........value $1100

MP4

9.8.....census = 42 copies.........value $3300

9.6.....census = 42 copies.........value $1150

MsM1

9.8.....census = 50 copies.........value $2650

9.6.....census = 175 copies.......value $600

Can MM1 keep climbing? You know that within a few months we'll be seeing many more 9.6 & 9.8s on it's census.

Can DS169 keep growing in value? I think so. And it's high grade census numbers aren't going to change all that much.

MP4 kind of surprises me. In my personal collection I could never keep my mags in good condition because of their awkward size. And yet the census shows more 9.8s of MP4 than of DS169.

Of Course it's nice to know that ST 110 trumps all of these. And is still climbing

Edited by gadzukes

Movie hype question (that has nothing to do with ST110, but has DS169 so I thought I'd put it here).

Doc Strange 169

Ms Marvel 1

Marvel Preview 4

It seems like it would be a slam dunk, but the surprising thing is, value wise MP4 is equal to DS169 right now and MM1 seems to be gaining fast.

DS169

MP4

MsM1

Can MM1 keep climbing? You know that within a few months we'll be seeing many more 9.6 & 9.8s on it's census.

Can DS169 keep growing in value? I think so. And it's high grade census numbers aren't going to change all that much.

MP4 kind of surprises me. In my personal collection I could never keep my mags in good condition because of their awkward size. And yet the census shows more 9.8s of MP4 than of DS169.

Of Course it's nice to know that ST 110 trumps all of these. And is still climbing

MP 4 9.8 "value" is probably closer to $2500, and falling.

-J.

Doc Strange 169

Ms Marvel 1

Marvel Preview 4

DS169

MP4

MsM1

I can't even guess. I'm still baffled by the prices for these books.

MP 4 9.8 "value" is probably closer to $2500, and falling. -J.

Here's the last 7 GPA sales. $2500 and falling (shrug)

Nov-09-2014 $3,000

Nov-07-2014 $3,900

Oct-31-2014 $3,291

Aug-24-2014 $3,051

Aug-11-2014 $2,700

Jul-27-2014 $3,300

Jul-10-2014 $2,935

90 day average is $3310

I know GPA is a trailing indicator but.... looks to me like it's still doing good.