• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

Does a small wall in the entire house count? When we bought this house I made a point that my "stuff" would be coming out of the closets. Just today she said maybe you do the exact same thing on the other wall. At any rate here is my work in progress.

Comicwall1046x1500.jpg

I am so jealous of the Unopened Zartan!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I have wanted to buy one of those for years now. They are just a bit too expensive for me right now. When I see that zartan, the second Snake Eyes (visor and wolf), or Storm Shadow (1st), I instantly go back in my mind to playing in my backyard with my brother.

Does a small wall in the entire house count? When we bought this house I made a point that my "stuff" would be coming out of the closets. Just today she said maybe you do the exact same thing on the other wall. At any rate here is my work in progress.

Comicwall1046x1500.jpg

I am so jealous of the Unopened Zartan!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I have wanted to buy one of those for years now. They are just a bit too expensive for me right now. When I see that zartan, the second Snake Eyes (visor and wolf), or Storm Shadow (1st), I instantly go back in my mind to playing in my backyard with my brother.

I lost all my GIjoes to the sandbox when I was 10. I remember digging up torso's for years later lol

I guess continuing the GI Joe theme...

I thought a lot more of my basement would be comics, but the toys are outnumbering them about 20 to one right now. I hope for that to change soon (as I've really run out of room for toys, has to be comics).

It's a mess so far, but I've been putting some time (and money into shelving) lately, so I figured, let's have a looksie. This is about halfway into the room, couch is sitting towards the fireplace midway into the room. Again, sorry about the mess. You can see where the comics start on the right hand side at the top.

photo IMG_3276_zps0f1da102.jpg

And of course how can you have a toy and comic room without toys from the greatest wrestling federation of all time? Vern Gagne's American Wrestling Association was quality time with my dad, great memories, even though of course we watched Superstars (WWF), and International Wrestling as well (damn I wish they made a Steve Strong action figure)! Shameless plug, I am looking for ALL of the series 4 AWA figures known as the Mat Mania figures, paying well for original and complete.

photo IMG_3295_zps5157ab47.jpg

OK, last pic, as you walk in before the couch this house had a custom built shelf directly on the left after the stairs (the basement, besides having new wiring, is almost completely original from when it was built in 1969, complete with shag carpet of course, which drew me to this home). I of course have filled it with toys including my NES with the good ol Commodore Monitor.

photo IMG_3277_zps68e7a871.jpg

Hey thanks a lot guys for the kind words! I collect MOTU in Canadian packaging NL, and you'd be surprised how hard it is to find.

Figured I'd throw up a few more. Again, a few of my favorite things being KISS, Gobots, Zellers (the now defunct department store), and of course Star Wars!

photo IMG_3281_zps3d9fb1aa.jpg

My bar area, got Peter to sign that poster in 93 at the Toronto Kiss Expo. And of course, who can forget Vinnie Vincent!!!

photo IMG_3280_zps0267f1cb.jpg

Ahhh, the Gobots are so under-appreciated. That's OK, more for me! And yes, that's an original 1986 WWF event tear-away (untorn) Hulk Hogan Hulkamania shirt.

photo IMG_3284_zpscba0a668.jpg

The much under-appreciated Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid line (and very hard to put together), and the Legends of the Lone Ranger set fromt the same time period. Still working on my Clash of the Titans and Micronauts.

photo IMG_3289_zps38d8e0d0.jpg

Sadly these are in my laundry room. I only have the one shelf, so the rest of my Joes rot away in bins.