• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Knew it wouldn't be long before I framed my Son of Origins of Marvel Comics. Hanging right below the Daredevil #47 cover which was published in Son of Origins.

Son_of_Origins_framed.jpg

:o(worship)

That's an awesome piece to own! I've looked at that cover since I was 9 years old over the years. Good for you man!

Knew it wouldn't be long before I framed my Son of Origins of Marvel Comics. Hanging right below the Daredevil #47 cover which was published in Son of Origins.

Son_of_Origins_framed.jpg

Sweet Christmas! :o Romita's signature at the bottom is awesome.

Holy ! Didn't see this above! This is the book that got me to buy my TOS 39 when I was 13. Seeing this is very cool. Congrats!

I love the matching frames, and what you've got described as the mounting process sounds perfect. Do you mount things up yourself? I've been thinking of a similar approach to matching frames, but I'd be interested in being able to switch out the art in the future - not regularly, but I've only got room for 5 or 6 frames, so I'd want to frame my best pieces and be able to switch them in the future if/when I upgrade.

I love the matching frames, and what you've got described as the mounting process sounds perfect. Do you mount things up yourself? I've been thinking of a similar approach to matching frames, but I'd be interested in being able to switch out the art in the future - not regularly, but I've only got room for 5 or 6 frames, so I'd want to frame my best pieces and be able to switch them in the future if/when I upgrade.

I had all the frames and mats cut professionally and then framed them myself at home. I wasn't comfortable leaving the pieces at a framing store. Plus by ordering the frames from an online retailer I can get more in the future that match exactly hopefully if I need to.

I have a few back from Michaels. I use the method espoused by Jeffrey Jones on early comicart-l: white border and simple black frame to let the eye be drawn to the art and the art only.

This is the one I picked up tonight:

B1uGpSNCUAAJwoX.jpg

Dr. Strange - Mike Mignola

I have had this for a while, but I just got around to taking a photo of it. It is larger than it appears to be in the photo. Without the frame it is about 18X12.

Flash commission by Francis Manapul

2014-11-06063835_zps35c42a46.jpg

I just recently moved into a new home (our first!) so I've been getting some stuff framed up and thought I would share a few pieces.

Here's a John Pound Garbage Pail Kid (#412: Mixed-Up Trixie and Doughy Chloe) that we've hung up in our kitchen.

johnpound.jpg

It's kind of a tough one to photo because the frame is chrome.

More to come!

Edited by lobstrosity

I have a few back from Michaels. I use the method espoused by Jeffrey Jones on early comicart-l: white border and simple black frame to let the eye be drawn to the art and the art only.

This is the one I picked up tonight:

B1uGpSNCUAAJwoX.jpg

Dr. Strange - Mike Mignola

Nice piece, I would have recommend a black mat with a v groove. The white is a little distracting for this particular piece.