• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC and Marvel movie results: 1978 to present
5 5

783 posts in this topic

Look at little Marvel go.

autHgIa.png

s4lTeKY.png

nmXimJG.png

Only 2 out of 9 movies failed to cross the 3X revenue ratio bar at the end of their box office run. And the 10th is well on its way to achieving 4X once the Asian region box office hits.

:applause:

I suspect that Guardians of the Galaxy will be extremely profitable from a merchandising standpoint.

I was just checking out action figures sales over at Amazon and GOTG seems to be doing very well with Rocket Raccoon being GOTG`s top seller.

Also seems like Transformers and Minecraft are the overall hottest sellers in action figures over at Amazon. Minecraft seems to be building a big following like Walking Dead has. It looks like GOTG is now following a similar path.

autHgIa.png

s4lTeKY.png

nmXimJG.png

Only 2 out of 9 movies failed to cross the 3X revenue ratio bar at the end of their box office run. And the 10th is well on its way to achieving 4X once the Asian region box office hits.

I found something interesting looking at this years 2014 Domestic chart, in that none of these 2014 blockbusters have come close to last years blockbusters domestically. In 2013 the results are

Iron Man 3 = $409,013,994

Man of Steel = $291,045,518

hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

autHgIa.png

s4lTeKY.png

nmXimJG.png

I found something interesting looking at this years 2014 Domestic chart, in that none of these 2014 blockbusters have come close to last years blockbusters domestically. In 2013 the results are

hm

GOTG will easily pass MOS

autHgIa.png

s4lTeKY.png

nmXimJG.png

hm

GOTG will easily pass MOS

I find both to be pretty impressive. (thumbs u

MOS at $291,045,518 means Superman still has his fastball and is still very popular.

GOTG an upstart that nobody really heard about that beat the likes of Spider-Man, Thor and X-Men at box office.

Actually, the biggest Revenue Ratio winner this year wasn't Transformers 4, X-Men: DoFP, or even Cap 2. And even GotG may have a difficult time hitting this number.

1GeENjZ.png

LaLbbIS.png

The Lego Movie

So far, due to the low production cost and strong box office response, this movie has had the highest Revenue Ratio yet out of all the movies so far.

Now those are some interesting results. X-Men: DoFP and Guardians both have the same Revenue Ratio.

zXXc6HI.png

5b1ZnUd.png

Guardians is definitely surging ahead at the box office. Wow!

I would put Guardians ahead because they rule in merchandising, plus Marvel doesn`t get any profits from the X-Men movie because of that bad deal with Fox.

Now those are some interesting results. X-Men: DoFP and Guardians both have the same Revenue Ratio.

zXXc6HI.png

5b1ZnUd.png

Guardians is definitely surging ahead at the box office. Wow!

I would put Guardians ahead because they rule in merchandising, plus Marvel doesn`t get any profits from the X-Men movie because of that bad deal with Fox.

i would put Guardians ahead because it will take in another $30mm in the countries where it's already been released and then comes China.

By end of week, China will deliver Guardians to the local box office. So that should have some massive impact. But overall, the international market has really helped some of these movies achieve profitability. Even 'Hercules' may hit that magic 2.5X Revenue Ratio target.

XFxn4rv.png

RtqAreY.png

Guardians' China invasion progresses strongly, though it has a ways to go in order to be the biggest hit of the year.

3fbvocV.png

363qJcG.png

The only two movies on this list not to exceed the 2.5 Revenue Ratio barrier to assumed profitability are Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Hercules. But with Hercules, it seems to slowly keep going up.

Guardians' China invasion progresses strongly, though it has a ways to go in order to be the biggest hit of the year.

3fbvocV.png

363qJcG.png

The only two movies on this list not to exceed the 2.5 Revenue Ratio barrier to assumed profitability are Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Hercules. But with Hercules, it seems to slowly keep going up.

If you used the wikipedia listed budget figure (200M) for ASM2 like you do for every other film, ASM2's revenue ratio would exceed your magic number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_films

take that...Mr "Box Office Score Card Overlord"... :baiting:

If you used the wikipedia listed budget figure (200M) for ASM2 like you do for every other film, ASM2's revenue ratio would exceed your magic number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_films

take that...Mr "Box Office Score Card Overlord"... :baiting:

lol

Unfortunately, posting $200 MM would not be accurate. A few of us had looked into this in the ASM2 thread, and found out the number is actually much higher to the point Sony won't reveal the final number. Boxofficemojo doesn't even have a budget listed because of this, and Boxoffice.com estimated it is more around $330 MM.

Signed,

BOSCO

:grin: