• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
18 18

11,083 posts in this topic

At the Fan Expo in Toronto, I asked Neal Adams to do up a little drawing for me. Mlle. Marie and Unknown Soldier. I just love what he came up with and he really knocked it out of the park, IMHO. :luhv: Thanks again, Neal!

uknownsoldier-mllemarie_zps8d0c5dfc.jpg

Awesome piece of art! :applause: I hope to get an Adams Sgt. Rock soon. Nice one Andy! (thumbs u

That rocks, Andy! :applause:

comick1 has a Drucker Marie sketch that is :luhv:

I was surprised that it wasn't easy to find this book but I managed to get one. Only VGish, but it'll do for now. Still need 88 and 89!!!

Great looking vg! (thumbs u

It took me a while to find mine.

Mademoiselle Marie :cloud9:

While we're talking Marie sketches, Thecollectron has a killer Heath Marie.

MlleMarie_zps02301439.jpg

Here it is. Sorry the scan is kind of dark.

The biggest miracle of all with that sketch is that he did it at a convention. . .heavy breach of Heath protocol. I think it may be one of two times I've ever seen him do a convention sketch in 23 years of collecting sketches. He's done LOTS of sketches outside comic events, but almost never AT a convention.

That is a badåss sketch all the way, dude!

While we're talking Marie sketches, Thecollectron has a killer Heath Marie.

MlleMarie_zps02301439.jpg

Here it is. Sorry the scan is kind of dark.

The biggest miracle of all with that sketch is that he did it at a convention. . .heavy breach of Heath protocol. I think it may be one of two times I've ever seen him do a convention sketch in 23 years of collecting sketches. He's done LOTS of sketches outside comic events, but almost never AT a convention.

That is a badåss sketch all the way, dude!

I sat with Russ for quite awhile at SDCC while he drew it.

Russ is very meticulous and after finishing the pencils, he discovered he had left a specific inking brush back in his hotel room. He told me he would have to finish the drawing later.

I didn't want to risk an interruption of the creative momentum so I ran over to Tom Yeates (a great guy!) who graciously offered the necessary inking materials and Russ finished the piece. He's a great artist and a real kick to hang out with.

Wow, wow, wow--this is great!

At the Fan Expo in Toronto, I asked Neal Adams to do up a little drawing for me. Mlle. Marie and Unknown Soldier. I just love what he came up with and he really knocked it out of the park, IMHO. :luhv: Thanks again, Neal!

uknownsoldier-mllemarie_zps8d0c5dfc.jpg

I don't recall Adams ever drawing a Mlle. Marie before. I'm betting that's unique in all the world for that alone. . .definitely a way-cool piece. (thumbs u