• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's CGC submissions dropped off at NYCC have shown up on tracking yet?

181 posts in this topic

Not if 7 days later they aren't even in the system?

Why offer a service for a premium and then not deliver on that promise?

When I pay for an express submission, I need it back soon.

Does it really take 7 days to finally just start sorting submissions from the last con. rantrant

Remember, technically the days don't count until the shipment is verified. That's why you'll see shipments received but not verified for days later. For instance, sent a modern sub in. Rec'd 9/11. Still not marked as verified.

Does it really take 7 days to finally just start sorting submissions from the last con. rantrant

When you drop your books off at a show, they still have to be mailed back to CGC HQ before they can begin the grading process - if you dropped them at NYCC over the weekend, they probably arrived in Florida yesterday. And considering that more than 100 boxes of books were shipped back, it doesn't seem too unreasonable that it'll take a couple of days to process them :shrug:

When you drop your books off at a show, they still have to be mailed back to CGC HQ before they can begin the grading process - if you dropped them at NYCC over the weekend, they probably arrived in Florida yesterday. And considering that more than 100 boxes of books were shipped back, it doesn't seem too unreasonable that it'll take a couple of days to process them :shrug:

I guess my mistake was to assume that CGC had a system that allows them to identify and prioritize express submissions over the standard and other tiers when they arrive at CGC (the rep I spoke to said they are just opening them up now). I also assumed they had a way to transport these submissions back to CGC quickly, as opposed to using the same method a submitter uses, i.e., mailing it.

When CGC offer$ a premium $ervice they should make every effort to deliver on it.

Lesson learned. :/

I guess my mistake was to assume that CGC had a system that allows them to identify and prioritize express submissions over the standard and other tiers when they arrive at CGC (the rep I spoke to said they are just opening them up now). I also assumed they had a way to transport these submissions back to CGC quickly, as opposed to using the same method a submitter uses, i.e., mailing it.

When CGC offer$ a premium $ervice they should make every effort to deliver on it.

on the other hand...you got an expensive book and you're about to pay a lot of $$$ to get it graded, maybe ask some more questions before making assumptions and handing over premium $$$.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, I pretty much agree with you, I think they'd have a better, faster system in place.

Remember, technically the days don't count until the shipment is verified. That's why you'll see shipments received but not verified for days later. For instance, sent a modern sub in. Rec'd 9/11. Still not marked as verified.

I've had good luck with (mailed) Express tier submissions in the past, with the books being verified within a day and once that's done the grading turned around inside of 5 business days. I'm pissed because I waited a week to hand it to CGC, thinking I'd save some shipping fees and not add a lot of time to the turnaround. Now I'm 7 days out and still nowhere.

on the other hand...you got an expensive book and you're about to pay a lot of $$$ to get it graded, maybe ask some more questions before making assumptions and handing over premium $$$.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, I pretty much agree with you, I think they'd have a better, faster system in place.

I've handed submissions to CGC at NYCC just about every year I've gone the last few, and they usually show up on the tracking within a few days - like Tuesday after the weekend of the con.

This was exceptionally long wait, and that's why I called them today.

As far as asking questions, and not making assumptions, I would bet money they would not have told me at the con that an express submission would take a week to get to CGC and when it did not get any special attention.

I never ever hand over books at a show. At least when I send out a box of books I have control over the packing and when they get there.

I usually only do this when I have a book I want to show Matt first (to ask about restoration removal or what-not).

But I have to admit I've also used this route for convenience. After this last experience though, I think I will go the mailed in route. I don't like when a big-dollar book is in limbo for 7 days without a trace.

I've handed submissions to CGC at NYCC just about every year I've gone the last few, and they usually show up on the tracking within a few days - like Tuesday after the weekend of the con.

As far as asking questions, and not making assumptions, I would bet money they would not have told me at the con that an express submission would take a week to get to CGC and when it did not get any special attention.

That's not true. If you had asked, they would have told you the exact same thing I said above - unless it's a high-value walkthrough, books CGC receive at shows are always shipped back.

That's not true. If you had asked, they would have told you the exact same thing I said above - unless it's a high-value walkthrough, books CGC receive at shows are always shipped back.

I wasn't debating that they wouldn't tell me how, I was saying they likely wouldn't tell me they were going to be missing in limbo for 7 days.

It never happened before, why should it happen now? Anyway, justified or not, I'm disappointed.

I never ever hand over books at a show. At least when I send out a box of books I have control over the packing and when they get there.

This. I can control how my books are packaged and handled, to a much larger degree, for the ride to Sarasota.

I wasn't debating that they wouldn't tell me how, I was saying they likely wouldn't tell me they were going to be missing in limbo for 7 days.

It never happened before, why should it happen now? Anyway, justified or not, I'm disappointed.

You wrote that you've handed subs off to CGC at NYCC before - last year books from NYCC started showing up in the system the Wednesday after the show. This year they're starting to show up today (the Thursday after the show). Apart from the 1 day difference, what's really changed?

You wrote that you've handed subs off to CGC at NYCC before - last year books from NYCC started showing up in the system the Wednesday after the show. This year they're starting to show up today (the Thursday after the show). Apart from the 1 day difference, what's really changed?

Monday was a holiday (shrug)

I got older and less patient I guess :preach:

Monday was a holiday (shrug)

:idea:

I worked :cry: