• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Here's an idea. How about people sell what they have instead of what they might acquire at a later date for an undetermined price?

:idea:

Never understood the whole pre-sale thing.

Nothing wrong with pre-sales that are clearly advertised as such. (shrug)

...and honored.

Pre-sales are a perceived "risk-avoidance vehicle" for sellers on the front end that actually increases risk on the back end if they can't deliver. It lets them be first to market.

They reduce their risk of buying product by having it already sold before they lay out any cash. A nice gig if you can get it.

The flip side is, they may over-promise, not be able to fulfill, and leave people in the lurch.

If you pre-sell you've got to be crystal clear with your terms and be prepared to take a loss as quickly as you were prepared to take a profit.

Anyone who's not prepared to take the good with the bad of a presell as a seller should probably stick to selling after they've acquired the product.

Never trust a guy who's proud to drive a 2001 Honda Civic.

DUDE!!!... It's the "EX" model. (tsk)

honda-civic-parking-trick-o.gif

the timeline as i read it and eBay confirms it

Late Thursday/Friday 5 pre order copies sold on eBay @ $50 (including two accepted 'offers')

Friday pre orders are cancelled - since seller says he did not get any of the books

On Saturday seller lists 2 copies @ $120 and sells them both on eBay

In addition seller says he sold some copies to boardies at the con or 'regular guys'

Monday he has 2 copies for sale on eBay in addition to the 8 copies from his LCS

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you:

DGUAqTxM.gif

Late Thursday/Friday 5 pre order copies sold on eBay @ $50 (including two accepted 'offers')

Friday pre orders are cancelled - since seller says he did not get any of the books

In addition seller says he sold some copies to boardies at the con or 'regular guys'

Monday he has 2 copies for sale on eBay in addition to the 8 copies from his LCS

So are the cancelled preorders for boardies? Is anyone filing a complaint? PL worthiness here.

this is the general sales discussion thread not the PL one

So are the cancelled preorders for boardies? Is anyone filing a complaint? PL worthiness here.

Here are the links....

His PRESALE listing. 5 books, 5 sales, $50 per.....canceled because, as he said here, he didn't have the books.

However, even though he claimed here that he didn't have any copies to fulfill his $50 preorders and canceled those sales, he sold THESE TWO for $120 per.

I am sure there's a reasonable, rational, honest, clear, totally not sinister or greedy answer to all this....I am positive.

DGUAqTxM.gif

my apologies - pre orders will not cancelled till Monday

Granted the info I posted was not my pre-sale...the seller did not cancel the auction until Monday.

Case opened: Monday, Oct 13, 2014 06:18:08 PDT

Again...something fishy is going on here. The auction ended on Friday morning 6 am PT but yet wasn't canceled until Monday morning 6 am.

I don't know about the other 4 presales but if you're selling to other boardies at the con without honoring the presales it's a DB move!

DGUAqTxM.gif

my apologies - pre orders will not cancelled till Monday

Granted the info I posted was not my pre-sale...the seller did not cancel the auction until Monday.

Case opened: Monday, Oct 13, 2014 06:18:08 PDT

Again...something fishy is going on here. The auction ended on Friday morning 6 am PT but yet wasn't canceled until Monday morning 6 am.

I don't know about the other 4 presales but if you're selling to other boardies at the con without honoring the presales it's a DB move!

It's actually worse for the seller in that case.

He got the purchases at $50 on 10/9 and 10/10...that's confirmed.

He then listed and sold 2 more at $120 each on 10/11.

He then canceled the $50 transactions on 10/13.

Did he cancel the $120 transactions too? If he doesn't have the copies that sold first for $50 I would guess he doesn't have the $120 copies to sell either, right? (shrug)

Cancelling the $50 preorders and listing

he's going to say he was selling them for his "dealer"!

He was called out and now he's just trying to cover his .

lol

I would love to know what comic dealer knows enough to get copies of some garbage image variant, know that he can get $100+ for it, and NOT know how to list his own books on Ebay.

Here are the links....

His PRESALE listing. 5 books, 5 sales, $50 per.....canceled because, as he said here, he didn't have the books.

However, even though he claimed here that he didn't have any copies to fulfill his $50 preorders and canceled those sales, he sold THESE TWO for $120 per.

I am sure there's a reasonable, rational, honest, clear, totally not sinister or greedy answer to all this....I am positive.

I literally did not get more than 3 books. I sold 2 already at the show. He can vouch for me. The ones I had I ebay I presold. I refunded by saturday/sunday in hopes of getting at least 2 to sell. My dealer is asking a favor of me to sell these here. I'm an honest guy and rarely sell. I worked law enforcement for a few years and got injured on the job. If you want to talk mess about me and think what you want, go ahead. I'm as honest as they come and I go to sleep knowing that. Its a comic book that's for sale. That's all.

I guess I'll just keep them on eBay and take them down from here. Sorry for posting in here....

If he originally had 3 and sold 2 at the show .... how did he sell 2 more on eBay for $120? 2dbj8dl.gif

Here are the links....

I literally did not get more than 3 books. I sold 2 already at the show. He can vouch for me. The ones I had I ebay I presold. I refunded by saturday/sunday in hopes of getting at least 2 to sell. My dealer is asking a favor of me to sell these here. I'm an honest guy and rarely sell. I worked law enforcement for a few years and got injured on the job. If you want to talk mess about me and think what you want, go ahead. I'm as honest as they come and I go to sleep knowing that. Its a comic book that's for sale. That's all.

I guess I'll just keep them on eBay and take them down from here. Sorry for posting in here....

If he originally had 3 and sold 2 at the show .... how did he sell 2 more on eBay for $120? 2dbj8dl.gif

it's out of context but still funny

Basic math man.... On top of all of this I am not making any money haha. That's the best part.

Never trust a guy who's proud to drive a 2001 Honda Civic.

There's a great song by The Rubberbandits that would be perfect for this discussion....but entirely strike-worthy.

So who's gonna take the opposing view today?

Hopefully someone that has a high enough number of transactions around here to merit a worthy opinion.

Edited by seanfingh

gladiator-thumbs-down.gif