• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

I just blocked this clown and contacted ebay : driftingsilence

he paid me for an economy shipping $10 service from Mexico to USA ,book shipped , one day after he paid me , the 20 august and received 05 september : 12 business days , the usual for this kind of service . He put in my feedback "great book, slow shipping" and i have two stars now ...

Can you call ebay and have it changed? If he chose economy shipping and tracking shows you mailed it immediately I don't see how you should get dinged

Can you call ebay and have it changed? If he chose economy shipping and tracking shows you mailed it immediately I don't see how you should get dinged

Exactly i shipped one day after payment and provided him tracking number, sometimes packages can be at customs for 10 days , even if someone paid me the fast service , this happens a lot when i ship to Canada ... Anyway i just sent a message to ebay so they can review it and of course change it .

Please add richardmaio to the list. Purchased an item for 10 dollars. Had 30 request for special handling which ended up costing me triple my shipping cost and on the 29th day he request a return plus his shipping or a partial refund of 10 dollars. I could tell from the beginning he was running some kind of game but went against my judgement.

Add bdieter8 to your blocked bidders lists. Bought a lot of Batwoman New 52 1 thru 10 for $15.00 from me in September. He contacted me yesterday saying he never received the package although USPS tracking clearly shows it was delivered on Sept. 24 (he lives in an apartment). He asked for a refund and I refused since I shipped the product and it was delivered. Jerk just left negative feedback and is escalating the case. :facepalm:

I had an annoying experience with jlafan. He picked up a bunch of lower grade romance comics, most for $1.99 each. For every listing, I provided front and back scans, a grading estimate (with a note imploring buyers to study scans to make their own determination because grading can be subjective), and I called out any details not readily apparent, i.e. moisture damage.

The guy bought eight books or so, provided 100% positive feedback but noted that he felt some of the grades were off. He felt some 3.0s were 2.0s. I reached out, offered a refund. During the course of our correspondence, he indicated he was too busy to closely examine the photos or read the item details. He decided the books were still a good deal and opted not to return them.

I come to find out he gave low star ratings for three of them as item not as described, which adds three defects to my account. So, if you'd like to avoid getting defects from a guy who disagrees with your grade by 1.0 on a $2 book and doesn't look at the listing beyond the title, consider banning jlafan.

Add bdieter8 to your blocked bidders lists. Bought a lot of Batwoman New 52 1 thru 10 for $15.00 from me in September. He contacted me yesterday saying he never received the package although USPS tracking clearly shows it was delivered on Sept. 24 (he lives in an apartment). He asked for a refund and I refused since I shipped the product and it was delivered. Jerk just left negative feedback and is escalating the case. :facepalm:

Just playing devil's advocate here, because I once bought a lot off of eBay that showed as shipped but never arrived. It could have been delivered to the wrong address. (Not suggesting the shipping address was wrong, just that the post office may have dropped it in the wrong place.)

I had a seller jump the gun on a refund to me once. Gave me a refund because tracking got all screwed up and said the book was lost in transit but it ended up showing up that day. I re-paid him and gave him awesome feedback for dealing with it right away. He determined (wrongly) that the book was lost and immediately gave refund. Just a class act, period.

Edited by MetalPSI

Please consider adding Randomstuff704.

Long story short, after making contact, then taking the conversation to non ebay email, we agreed to a trade. I sent my books and he decided not to trade. No problem, i said, please send the books back. He never did. He even says he did, then i asked for tracking info and he never replied or supplied it. Basically stole $1000 worth of books from me.

Coincidentally at the same time he made an offer on a DD1 i had for sale. I asked to keep the deals separate, he didnt realize until my email that we had 2 deals going on. Anyway, he had my trade books already. We finished the DD1 purchase smoothly... The issue and my first red flag was that he does not have a paypal acct. He had to use someone elses paypal acct to pay. THat made me wonder, but he already had my trade books. The rest of the story is above. Still have the emails and my tracking info that he got my books.

Long story short, after making contact, then taking the conversation to non ebay email, we agreed to a trade. I sent my books and he decided not to trade. No problem, i said, please send the books back. He never did. He even says he did, then i asked for tracking info and he never replied or supplied it. Basically stole $1000 worth of books from me.

Coincidentally at the same time he made an offer on a DD1 i had for sale. I asked to keep the deals separate, he didnt realize until my email that we had 2 deals going on. Anyway, he had my trade books already. We finished the DD1 purchase smoothly... The issue and my first red flag was that he does not have a paypal acct. He had to use someone elses paypal acct to pay. THat made me wonder, but he already had my trade books. The rest of the story is above. Still have the emails and my tracking info that he got my books.

Randomstuff704 was already mentioned several times as a scammer before in the previous eBay users to block master list. Unfortunately the original thread and list got torpedoed, but its still there in google search.

I still can't believe people do this.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I still can't believe people do this.

Believe it. We wouldn't have this thread if people weren't people. I dunno what it's going to take for people to change into decent humans, but hope is all we got. And not taking scammers BS.

Just playing devil's advocate here, because I once bought a lot off of eBay that showed as shipped but never arrived. It could have been delivered to the wrong address. (Not suggesting the shipping address was wrong, just that the post office may have dropped it in the wrong place.)

Blame on PayPal's loopholes. Always issues with the addresses. I have to google their addresses before I ship the books.