• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

I'm not a big fan of Phoenix, so this is good news to me

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ethan-hawke-doctor-strange/

Gattaca, Training Day, Taking Lives - Ethan Hawke has had some really good success movies that I enjoy seeing again. Even his recent The Purge movie had some interesting moments.

I could see him making this work.

I'm not a big fan of Phoenix, so this is good news to me

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ethan-hawke-doctor-strange/

Gattaca, Training Day, Taking Lives - Ethan Hawke has had some really good success movies that I enjoy seeing again. Even his recent The Purge movie had some interesting moments.

I could see him making this work.

One of my favorite actors.....can play any number of roles. Love the Before Sunrise trilogy.

Well, that's put to bed.

Joaquin Phoenix No Longer In DOCTOR STRANGE Talks

----------------

On the heels of rumors, or rather speculation, that Ethan Hawke is in contention to play the lead in Marvel's Doctor Strange adaptation, Deadline reports that talks with Joaquin Phoenix have come to an end. There is no specific reason given, but it's no secret that the three-time Oscar-nominated actor has been reluctant about signing on for blockbusters and franchises especially, having turned down the opportunity to play Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

----------------

Ethan Hawke could work I just see him being a tad goofy/ always playing a scruffy slacker. That image is too burned into my brain.

I'd rather see some unknown like Jack Huston I think he fits the look to a T. Adrian Brody, how about this guy he would need some hair

MV5BMTA2MzAyMDc2NTheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDUzNTQyNjg_V1_SX290_SY341__zpsa32dff85.jpg

Well, that's put to bed.

Joaquin Phoenix No Longer In DOCTOR STRANGE Talks

----------------

On the heels of rumors, or rather speculation, that Ethan Hawke is in contention to play the lead in Marvel's Doctor Strange adaptation, Deadline reports that talks with Joaquin Phoenix have come to an end. There is no specific reason given, but it's no secret that the three-time Oscar-nominated actor has been reluctant about signing on for blockbusters and franchises especially, having turned down the opportunity to play Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

----------------

THANK YOU JEBUS! (worship) Phoenix would have been a terrible choice. Don't know what the hell The fine folks at MARVEL casting was thinking. :screwy:

Oh boy.

Keanu Reeves Responds To Fan Support That He Should Play DOCTOR STRANGE

------------------

"From a practical standpoint the idea of a longtime contract is sort of “errr” because you want to make sure the material is up to a certain level. Like the good or great level. I like the idea. I go to those kinds of movies. I grew up on them and comics and graphic novels. [but] I didn’t know Doctor Strange as a character, I didn’t read that as a kid. I’m gonna have to read it. I remember reading something… who’s going to play Doctor Strange? Would I be good for the role?"

------------------

Oh boy.

Keanu Reeves Responds To Fan Support That He Should Play DOCTOR STRANGE

------------------

"From a practical standpoint the idea of a longtime contract is sort of “errr” because you want to make sure the material is up to a certain level. Like the good or great level. I like the idea. I go to those kinds of movies. I grew up on them and comics and graphic novels. [but] I didn’t know Doctor Strange as a character, I didn’t read that as a kid. I’m gonna have to read it. I remember reading something… who’s going to play Doctor Strange? Would I be good for the role?"

------------------

(tsk)

I am just assuming, but I guess these bigger name stars get concerned with being locked into a multi-picture deal where a newer actor would dream of such an opportunity.

I never saw that as a stumbling block before.

Wow!

Cumberbatch, Farrell, Reeves AND Phoenix Are The Frontrunners For DOCTOR STRANGE

-----------------

It's been a busy week for Doctor Strange casting rumours, but four frontrunners have emerged in the form of Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock), Colin Farrell (Seven Psychopaths), Keanu Reeves (The Matrix) and Joaquin Phoenix (Her).

-----------------