• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone!

Yes, it was a very random box of stuff and then a nearly complete run of Iron Fist was just awesome. Awesome but weird lot. I had never heard of Peter the Little Pest before either. One site referred to him as the "evil twin of Dennis the Menace". Looks like this only went for 4 issues.

I think it would be an interesting story to how that signed Stan Lee book found its way to my neck of the woods.

I'm checking out another collection of about 300 books tomorrow after work so I am hoping for more horseshoes. :wishluck:

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Sounds like one I missed. Ottawa area? I wasn't free to make the drive out of town. I call dibs on Captain Marvel/Shazam! :D

Nope, not out of town. I'm not sure what you're referring to....here's a couple pics...I haven't gone through the disney boxes yet, not sure if I'll bother :P

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn65/ggsae/photo11_zpsf256f621.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn65/ggsae/photo21_zps142c03a6.jpg

Apologies for the last photo, I've been drinking...

So here in the Dallas / Ft Worth are, besides being home to the first case of Ebola, we have a chain of stores called Half Price Books. And as you might guess, you can buy used books for half the cover price. Sometimes even less than that. Well these stores also happen to have a section for comic books. Now understand that they don't concern themselves on keep these books in safe condition. And each store keeps their more expensive (usually gold or silver age titles) and explicit books either in a lockbox that you can thrumb though the top or in a box behind the main counter.

I tend to visit the shops within a certain distance about once a month or so, just to see what they have come in. They put out new stuff actually on a daily basis. So today I ventured out to one of the shops in Plano that I hadn't been to in quite a while.

And here is what I got today. Be sure to check the receipt :)

20141003_132439.jpg

20141003_132451.jpg

20141003_132329.jpg

20141003_132335.jpg

That's right folks. I actually bought Walking Dead 19 for $1.48 plus tax :)

Edited by Sarfa

Yeah I had to take a double and triple take to make sure it was what it was. And praying that the guy behind the counter didn't wip out a price guide or something. I've been pretty lucky in the past few weeks at HPB. I got some Atlas pre-code war/horror books for $3ea Men's Adventure 14, War Adventures #4 and #10. Also got Daredevil 184 for $1 and the black and white Retailer Incentive version of Darker Image for $0.50

Yeah I had to take a double and triple take to make sure it was what it was. And praying that the guy behind the counter didn't wip out a price guide or something. I've been pretty lucky in the past few weeks at HPB. I got some Atlas pre-code war/horror books for $3ea Men's Adventure 14, War Adventures #4 and #10. Also got Daredevil 184 for $1 and the black and white Retailer Incentive version of Darker Image for $0.50

Half Price has some nice deals for me but mainly $1 books that go for $5-$10 nothing like that for me.

Super cool

:wishluck: I'll have some stuff to post in the near future.

My 85 year-old grandmother, God bless her, called me last night about an estate auction happening in her town this evening. It has some early silver-age books, so she asked if I wanted her to go check it out and place a bid or two. I told her not to worry about it,, but the excitement in her voice was so sweet that I could not turn her down. I gave her a list of things to look for, and she and my great-aunt are having a girls evening at the auction. lol

:cloud9: I love that woman.

Here in Ohio HPB gouges the "good" stuff too. I've never found anything that good (I did see an X-Force #2 in the dollar box there but passed it, blech). They seem to generally, if they know something is better, price it higher than the condition. I'm not sure if they're gouging or just misinformed.

Here are some of the highlights from what I got today.

15409268016_5d0fc2873c_o.jpg

15245568049_12f28381c9_o.jpg

15431986522_2a394dd768_o.jpg

15245627600_03272474e7_o.jpg

15245566569_286ed09918_o.jpg

I might make one more trip back...there are a few more Silver Age books to get and a bunch of Gold Key cartoon books. He's gone all next week so I can rest for a bit. :)

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Were all these from the guy who was letting them go for like 3/$1 or whatever????????????????/

Man that is, what I believe they call, a honey hole...

Best book of the lot though...1st appearance of H.E.R.B.I.E - Just wait till he appears as a flying camcorder in the new FF movie and that books will EXPLODE!

Oh yeah, nice score!

Edited by Wall-Crawler

They weren't all 3/$1. The bulk of them were (Invaders, Ms. Marvels, etc). Some were priced individually. I shot him a bunch of offers today on the Silver Age stuff and he accepted every single one. The three Wolverines came from a #1-40 set he sold me for $25, to give you an idea. Everything he had priced at $5 I got for $2...stuff like that.

Peace,

Chip