• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Something to keep you busy for the next few weeks.

The story of UK DIY: 131 experimental underground classics from 1977-1985

Fantastic, and not a little bit nostalgic as well, for me in any case. Out of the 131 songs, I've only got about a dozen, but it's the ones I've overlooked that are of interest, even if some of them are absurdly lo-fi. I admit it's been a while since I dug out those old 45s. Time for me and my brother (who is still a massive Dalek I, Comsat Angels, early Simple Minds etc. fan) to check out those boxes.

I'll never forget playing Honey Bane's Girl On The Run to some friends (who were somewhat bemused if not shocked by the song). God that song still hits hard, along with Rhoda's Old Boiler (any Two Tone fans remember that one?)

Fantastic, and not a little bit nostalgic as well, for me in any case. Out of the 131 songs, I've only got about a dozen, but it's the ones I've overlooked that are of interest, even if some of them are absurdly lo-fi. I admit it's been a while since I dug out those old 45s. Time for me and my brother (who is still a massive Dalek I, Comsat Angels, early Simple Minds etc. fan) to check out those boxes.

I'll never forget playing Honey Bane's Girl On The Run to some friends (who were somewhat bemused if not shocked by the song). God that song still hits hard, along with Rhoda's Old Boiler (any Two Tone fans remember that one?)

I need to set some time aside to go through that link properly.

Your brother sounds like a top bloke.

I've only skimmed through the site - got a lot of reading to do.

And yes, you and him would get along like a house on fire. lol

You should invite him to a boardie night out.

I'll try and drag him along to the next LSCC at the very least...

:applause:

It would be nice just to see you there. :whistle:

XraySpecs in that box?

I think at the time I bought everything they ever did - all the coloured vinyl editions of their singles, etc.

Still have them. Never sold any of my punk stuff.

95% of mine are gone.

:applause:

It would be nice just to see you there. :whistle:

I'll be there for the Saturday until closing time. :headbang: