• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

with the spike in NM 98 I suspect we'll see a lot of collectors sell their extra NM 98 9.8's and go after Hulk 181 or ASM 129 this holiday season.

Hulk 181 has been moving up fast in low grade recently, to much to ignore. Also High grade hulk 181's have seemed to stabalize this year so that compounded with Wolverine's Death will make hulk 181 fire this holiday season as younger collectors finally can start to afford/trade for other high end books.

The interest in Hulk 181 is phenomenal currently and its not even Christmas/post Christmas yet. not as many copies on the market this year. 9.8's should have no problem cruising back up to 15k within a year or so.. (not quite the 20k of early cgc days but still..it will eventually get there again)

but seriously,, go check out low grade cgc hulk 181 sold listings, its nuts..

almost 1k in very low grade..

It's crazy. Even a lower grade, incomplete copy with married pages is going to set you back some pretty serious money. This one sold for $575.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-Nov-1974-Marvel-/121348071900?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c40e8a1dc&nma=true&si=Mih4Jk2F7QTULiMeUV%252Fjidzinz8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's not bad for a pedigreed copy! :baiting:

Ah yes, the famous Qualified pedigree! :preach:

Old news (sort of..) but still fun to bring to everyone's attention...

Marvel Team-Up #1 CGC 9.0 @ $66 & 21 watchers. :shy:

seems cheap at $66

If it ain't a first app, it ain't nuthin' nowadays . . . :whistle:

Not true. I've seen trends indicate that 1st issues in a popular long lasting series picking up and becoming more popular in the marketplace. Examples are issues like Wolverine Regular Series #1, Deadpool 97's #1, Rocket Raccoon #1 ect.

I'd rather have Marvel Premire 21 for the 1st Misty Knight. The character in MTU#1 isn't named and I've read that Tony Issabella (MP21 writer) takes credit for creating Misty.

seems cheap at $66

Not true. I've seen trends indicate that 1st issues in a popular long lasting series picking up and becoming more popular in the marketplace. Examples are issues like Wolverine Regular Series #1, Deadpool 97's #1, Rocket Raccoon #1 ect.

Yeah but that does seem pretty cheap, right? So this would not an example like those others...

seems cheap at $66

Yeah but that does seem pretty cheap, right? So this would not an example like those others...

It is cheap! But the auction still has 2 days to go. The reason I'm mentioning it now is due to the activity surrounding the comic. In this particular case, I'm noticing a lot of watchers. There will most likely be some snipping in the last few seconds of the auction.

seems cheap at $66

This: :whistle: means the comment was "tongue-in-cheek". :grin:

seems cheap at $66

It is cheap! But the auction still has 2 days to go. The reason I'm mentioning it now is due to the activity surrounding the comic. In this particular case, I'm noticing a lot of watchers. There will most likely be some snipping in the last few seconds of the auction.

Guide on that is like $170+ or something. I'd hope a nice slab like that can get close to guide even if guide might be high on that particular book, which is a great book. the amount of "action" on it is encouraging in that regard.

Werewolf By Night #32 NM @ $393 @ 70 watchers.

Tomb of Dracula #10 FN @ $66 @ 57 watchers.

I see another ToD #10 on the list but you get the point. So why do I tell you about books that we've already know are popular? Because it's all about Marvel Horror. Is this due to the month or have these books been rising for awhile? hm

Edited by whetteon

Marvel Spotlight #32, 1st Spider-Woman.

Hard book to find in high grade, but didn't realize it was this hard, wow!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Spotlight-32-High-Grade-NM-9-2-9-4-Origin-1st-Spider-Woman-Appearance-/191354619178?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c8d9fc52a

i think people think that has a shot at 9.8. only explanation. hard to do that with no back cover scan though. can't tell if the bottom right would make a 9.8 impossible.