• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,384 posts in this topic

I was expecting one day to collect a run of Wonder Comics issues 11 thru 20. I saw this copy on eBay tonight with no one bidding on it so I ended up with a copy near current guide so I guess I started collecting this run tonight after all. I think the covers on this run are pretty fantastic myself.

58c36aa3188666f5995dc286b4e05332bc18988a.jpg

I must admit, I never saw any WONDER COMICS on the newsstand...I'm sure they

were there, but I unfortunately missed them.

TERRIFIC COVER! :applause:

mm

I'm still trying to figure out what to post where but since there isn't a atom age thread to post covers I'm going with this one. ???

92436b68189a6d739bb8c335bac155795ae17cae.jpg

For me one of the great things about Superman covers is their ability to pull off the non action and still sell books. No jaw cracking, no super-villain, no aliens, no real dangers at all. I'd still have grabbed this issue off the stands simply because it was a Superman book.

This one is not nearly as exciting as the biscuit falling on his foot from Supes #51 or as sexy as the Lois in a leopard skin from Action #154 but it still is one of my favourite covers of the early 1950's.

I agree. I love Superman. But Lois sure seems to be giving the Man of Tomorrow the cold shoulder here! I wonder what happened in this issue?

I'm still trying to figure out what to post where but since there isn't a atom age thread to post covers I'm going with this one. ???

92436b68189a6d739bb8c335bac155795ae17cae.jpg

For me one of the great things about Superman covers is their ability to pull off the non action and still sell books. No jaw cracking, no super-villain, no aliens, no real dangers at all. I'd still have grabbed this issue off the stands simply because it was a Superman book.

This one is not nearly as exciting as the biscuit falling on his foot from Supes #51 or as sexy as the Lois in a leopard skin from Action #154 but it still is one of my favourite covers of the early 1950's.

This is an awesome cover! When were these around?

I was expecting one day to collect a run of Wonder Comics issues 11 thru 20. I saw this copy on eBay tonight with no one bidding on it so I ended up with a copy near current guide so I guess I started collecting this run tonight after all. I think the covers on this run are pretty fantastic myself.

58c36aa3188666f5995dc286b4e05332bc18988a.jpg

I must admit, I never saw any WONDER COMICS on the newsstand...I'm sure they

were there, but I unfortunately missed them.

TERRIFIC COVER! :applause:

mm

Ugh. I had to see and buy this on clink today. :facepalm:

8d026981fd6869cac46bb250dc1ee79a0bd117d4.jpg

So I wonder what the chances are of collecting the rest of the run in numerical order?

13, where are you.... :whistle:

Edited by Nerv

Looks cool!

Ugh. I had to see and buy this on clink today. :facepalm:

8d026981fd6869cac46bb250dc1ee79a0bd117d4.jpg

So I wonder what the chances are of collecting the rest of the run in numerical order?

13, where are you.... :whistle:

Edited by Brad Tabar

wonder13.jpg

Well that cover is certainly something to look forward to. :)

Bondage and a gun pointed around the girls private parts.

I'M sure the thought of sex never entered the artists minds when they drew these things...lolhm

Years ago there was a collector in the Los Angeles area that had a massive collection of O.o. bondage covers. It included comics, pulps, paperbacks, etc....

I remember looking at them and thinking you could actually separate bondage covers into categories.

Tied to a giant /vibrator is probably more common than you think. lol

My personal favorite is cupping around the breast.

In real life you can usually only get away with that if she's your GF, wife or really high.

Otherwise it's not seen as the preferred method of casual contact among the sexes...