• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WYTCHES - Scott Snyder & Jock

1,106 posts in this topic

I'm still in on this book but here's what I was hoping would happen:

1) No variants (nope).

2) Francavilla and Murphy variants only because they were announced first and I like both of them (yep).

3) An NYCC exclusive (yep).

4) No more than 3 variants total (nope). And I don't like the Clooney variant at all. It's just too soft of a cover for this premise.

I have (2) CGC dual SS's already paid for and one Murphy variant and 4 base issues pre-ordered from Midtown. Also have it on both of my pull lists and my LCS'.

I'm still in on this book but here's what I was hoping would happen:

1) No variants (nope).

2) Francavilla and Murphy variants only because they were announced first and I like both of them (yep).

3) An NYCC exclusive (yep).

4) No more than 3 variants total (nope). And I don't like the Clooney variant at all. It's just too soft of a cover for this premise.

I have (2) CGC dual SS's already paid for and one Murphy variant and 4 base issues pre-ordered from Midtown. Also have it on both of my pull lists and my LCS'.

Sounds like a lot of contradictory hopes.

I have no doubt its going to be a top notch story. If its the next Saga, even better. If its the next East of West... :banana:
Despite the variants giving me pause I'm still hyped for the story. The preview was impressive and the cover images have me thinking this is going to be to witches what 30 Days Of Night is to vampires. And I'm not saying that in a speculative way, I'm talking about bringing something new to the genre, creating something truly terrifying and worth reading. At least I hope so, but I've gambled on less appealing prospects before so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

A print run of 80k is INSANE though. Maybe I aught to buy it for a dollar a month later?

Edited by dupont2005

It will be well written and scary as hell. The high print run don't scare me none. Outcast had a crazy high print run and we all know how well that book sold. More Books = More Fans = More Sales. Sure, they're not going to be crazy prices like a lot of the short print stuff, but that's such a special audience to begin with, so I think having more books printed on this title is actually a good thing. The level of demand I've seen in local shops is already pretty high, so as long as Snyder doesn't disappoint us with a lukewarm story, I think the book will do very well, variants and all.

I'm sure it's going to be good, but numbers like that don't indicate reader interest. If that were so then we could likely see the print run increase as the series continues, like Walking Dead. Instead I think we're going to see a severe drop off, as much as 40% per issue for the next several issues. Or more. Issue one sells 80k, issue two could be selling 10k if the flippers don't make their profits. That's not necessarily good for the comic. Makes for a profitable first issue. How many first issues out there sold at 30k or more for a series where there is no tenth issue though?

hm

Why can't it be more like Saga than Bedlam?

Hey with my pre-orders I hope for a Saga but all these variants (I believe Saga had only a RRP)it is shaping up to be Bedlam :sorry:

Agreed. I have to keep wondering if I should stop buying. I guess we shall see. See you at NYCC? I believe I owe you an apology.