• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

and first appearance of..............................

It's a big one, best for a while

As in a character or a preview in the book?

Not a preview, not really A character but it does answer a question from a couple of issues ago

You'll understand today when you get it

Bernie?

No

BIG

A new nasty group

and first appearance of..............................

It's a big one, best for a while

As in a character or a preview in the book?

Not a preview, not really A character but it does answer a question from a couple of issues ago

You'll understand today when you get it

Bernie?

No

BIG

A new nasty group

Ah yes...

Wow. I have to hand it to Kirkman, 132 was awesome.

A quick read, but damn am I happy the direction the story is going in. Funny that the title of the issue is "Happiness". lol

But seriously, I have a feeling we're going in a dark direction - one that the story needs and hasn't really dived into yet.

Wow. I have to hand it to Kirkman, 132 was awesome.

A quick read, but damn am I happy the direction the story is going in. Ironic that the title of the issue is "Happiness". lol

But seriously, I have a feeling we're going in a dark direction - one that the story needs and hasn't really dived into yet.

I agree. And I like how in the letter hacks Kirkman mentions that...

He would never have thought that talking zombies would be a good idea for the book.

Which makes me feel silly for even considering that it was a possibility a few issues ago. Also:

The new group is definitely interesting so far. I wonder why they are going around randomly hunting living people.

So since 132 came out a week early does that mean 133 will be coming a week early as well? Fingers crossed.

Anybody have anymore information on these pieces suggested as OA that just popped up on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-COMICON-Artwork-/121450418808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c47025278

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-COMICON-Artwork-/121450422646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c47026176

The BINs are really low, but the colors don't seem right. No reflection in the inks.

Pages from the Adlard art book framed? Edit: yup... approx 1min09

edit2: based on the listing I assume these prints were used promotionally by Skybound at SDCC 2014 at some point??? Somewhere??? Then saved from the dumpster??? :P

Certainly not on the main stand...

comic-con-2014-skybound-booth-twd.jpg

Edited by Garf

Anybody have anymore information on these pieces suggested as OA that just popped up on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-COMICON-Artwork-/121450418808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c47025278

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-COMICON-Artwork-/121450422646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c47026176

The BINs are really low, but the colors don't seem right. No reflection in the inks.

That's so funny. I used to own both those pages. lol

OMG DID YOU GUYS READ 132 YET?!?!?!?!?1

SO GOOD!!!! :headbang:

Let's talk about it!! :popcorn:

edit2: based on the listing I assume these prints were used promotionally by Skybound at SDCC 2014 at some point??? Somewhere??? Then saved from the dumpster??? :P

It does say SDCC and NYCC 2013 in one of the listings, for what it's worth.

I almost wonder if they're framed display copies, rather than the actual OA...

It does say SDCC and NYCC 2013 in one of the listings, for what it's worth.

I almost wonder if they're framed display copies, rather than the actual OA...

Ah so it did. (thumbs u Skimmed it.

Here is what the ebay seller wrote me

"These are reprints from the original artwork from Skybound studios. They were selected by Skybound and were the only authorized reprints of these sketches ever released by the studio. I apologize but I have removed them as I meant to list these as auction starting at $225. I will have them back up soon."

What do you think this is worth??

Those are framed printouts from the Art of Charlie Adlard book that were on display at our gallery event at NYCC. Not original art.

-shawn