• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you Reading now ..... other than comics ?
7 7

1,854 posts in this topic

Just finished reading the Hard Case Crime novel Seduction of the Innocent by Max Allan Collins. It's a whodunit murder mystery set against a fictionalized backdrop of the 1950s anti-comics movement/hearings. A fun, quick read; think a lot of people here would enjoy it. 2c

Just finished reading Rich Kids of Instagram: A Novel by The Creator of Rich Kids of Instagram (anonymous) and Maya Sloan. Having purchased it, I felt compelled to finish it, but, man...it was awful. :tonofbricks:

• Administrator

Just read Oryx & Crake by Margot Atwood....oddly enough I came across & read After the Flood first, but both are good and it didn't seem to spoil either one by reading them out of order as the stories are related but only slightly intertwined. Just before that I read Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi so I guess I was on a dystopian future kinda kick.

Up next is Seeing Further: The Story of Science and the Royal Society by Bill Bryson

Stephen King. I also collect signed first editions.

Stephan King :cloud9: ..... I still can't get away from James Rollins...... reading "Excavation" right now..... awesome. I also finished the two books that Anne Rice wrote about the life of Christ and LOVED them..... unfortunately she said she was experiencing a lot of negativity from" The Fundamentalists " and has decided it best not to go forward with the third volume.... sad, as it was a very inspiring effort for me on her part. Some people just can't seem to see the forest for the trees :sorry: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just finished reading "More Than Human" by Theodore Sturgeon. It's a science fiction novel published in 1953 and is a very good read. There are many parallels to the X-Men and I wonder if Jack Kirby or Stan Lee read it.

I'm now attempting to read "Ulysses" by James Joyce. This is the third time I've tried reading it. It has to be one of the most difficult books to read that I have ever read but there are portions of it that read like poetry and some of it is engrossing. I'm about a third of the way through it and hopefully will finish it this time.

Just finished reading Naming Jack the Ripper by Russell Edwards Edwards is the owner of the blood-drenched shawl that was found next to the Ripper's fourth victim, and claims that he and a world-renowned DNA scientist were able to extract DNA from the shawl and match it to descendants of both the victim and of Aaron Kosminski, long one of the leading suspects in the case. It sounds almost too good to be true, but, if it is, Kosminski has been the most compelling suspect - hopefully the genetic results can be verified by a third party laboratory and the mystery settled once and for all. A good, quick read for anyone interested in JTR and/or DNA forensics. 2c

Just finished reading Naming Jack the Ripper by Russell Edwards Edwards is the owner of the blood-drenched shawl that was found next to the Ripper's fourth victim, and claims that he and a world-renowned DNA scientist were able to extract DNA from the shawl and match it to descendants of both the victim and of Aaron Kosminski, long one of the leading suspects in the case. It sounds almost too good to be true, but, if it is, Kosminski has been the most compelling suspect - hopefully the genetic results can be verified by a third party laboratory and the mystery settled once and for all. A good, quick read for anyone interested in JTR and/or DNA forensics. 2c

I will check it out. I use to be into "Ripperology" back in the day. (thumbs u

Just finished reading Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan. Five stars - it's an outrageous, hilarious send-up of the Asian billionaire class. The story is about the scion of one of Singapore's wealthiest families bringing home his unwitting Chinese-American girlfriend home to meet his family and attend the wedding of the year and the hilarity that ensues. It may sound like chick lit, but there's plenty in the book for both sexes to like and relate to. It's an extremely well-written debut novel and I'm hoping that the movie (currently still in pre-production I believe) does it justice.