• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

The show is excellent so far, in my opinion. Miles better than Arrow.

Gordon, Bullock and Selina are cast very well, I think. It's amazing how much Camren Bicondova looks like Michelle Pfiffer. The Penguin is also a good character and casting.

Hey! We agree on something! :). The Selina Kyle actress is very good. Actually I was thinking she must be an 18 year old or older actress, as they usually do, but, she's just an adorable 15 year old.

Heres a youtube Comiccon interview she did this summer. She can't even sit still, but she is very poised answering questions from the press.

http://youtu.be/_3CMhPQhvr0

I couldn't stand the first episode and almost didn't watch the 2nd episode. Happy I did as the 2nd episode was really good. I cringe every time Bruce is on screen though. His acting is awful and the writing for the character is worse. The Catwoman actress was really good in the second episode. I'm happy they gave her something to do other than cat poses like in the first episode.

The first episode was just awful about as bad as the Wonder Woman pilot a few years back. All these Supervillians being attached to the Wayne's family murder give me a break. Second episode it picked up, but it does not take much to beat the first episode. Overall I will give the show my normal 3 to 5 episodes before I drop it from my schedule. Right now the show is borderline and what the show needs is the writers from Arrow.

Watched the 2nd episode last night as well. It didn't grab my attention as much as the first episode. Jada's character is off and on for me. Sometimes I think she does a good job, other times I feel like some other writer jumped in while the first writer walked away from the -script to answer a phone call.

I feel like that for all the characters. Except the Penguin. I think they have a good hold on him, and it's fun to watch him develop into the character we know him as. When will he start getting chubby?

I liked the second episode better than the first. Not sure I'm totally on board with the Alfred they've chosen (I mean the character, not the the actor). Seems like he has to restrain himself very hard to not constantly be verbally abusing Bruce. He can be harsh without bursting into a yell every 2 seconds - it's like he's got a multiple personality problem.

The first episode was just awful about as bad as the Wonder Woman pilot a few years back. All these Supervillians being attached to the Wayne's family murder give me a break. Second episode it picked up, but it does not take much to beat the first episode. Overall I will give the show my normal 3 to 5 episodes before I drop it from my schedule. Right now the show is borderline and what the show needs is the writers from Arrow.

I can't see calling the show awful, except against whatever expectations one brought to it. The production values are solid, acting fine, definitely an A for effort in my eyes… its not like they said "cool, we are doing Batman", and mailed it in.

Shows like this take many episodes to gel, before you can walk away saying Nah, not working. Im sure you know many friend who struggled with Breaking Bad in the first season. Giving up would have been a mistake… but many do.

Im not saying Gotham is BB, oe will be. At best its a guilty pleasure for us comics (and superhero film) geeks, and like Arrow for me (which is really the OC in spandex when you boil it down) these shows work best when they incorporate elements form the decades of comics lore we have all seeped our brains in for so long.

anyway, Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex, Game Thrones are all on hiatus… gotta watch something! : )

I think the show keeps improving but I too am confused about Alfred's character. Its a tremendous departure from the Alfred I know and while I understand he's much younger, he really comes across as a hard more than anything and I always picture Alfred as the very sarcastic wise . :shrug:

am I way off here, just seems off. everything else I'm fine with...

I think the show keeps improving but I too am confused about Alfred's character. Its a tremendous departure from the Alfred I know and while I understand he's much younger, he really comes across as a hard more than anything and I always picture Alfred as the very sarcastic wise . :shrug:

Yeah, he does have a different character in the show, but I don't mind it. His specific personality is not so central to the Batman mythos that any change feels like a betrayal. And he's still caring for and raising the kid...mostly I get from it that he's feeling ill-prepared for the job and doesn't know what to do all the time. That's cool by me.

I get the feeling they are going after Beware the Batman Alfred.

Nicholas D'Agosto To Play 'Harvey Dent' (a.k.a. 'Two Face') In Season One Of GOTHAM

-------------------

There had been talk of bringing Harvey Dent to Gotham (Donal Logue actually confirmed it when I recently had the chance to speak to him), and now Masters of Sex actor Nicholas D'Agosto has been cast in the role. Recent comics in "The New 52" showed Bruce Wayne and Harvey as being around the same age, but the Batman prequel series will obviously portray him as being a little older than the man he one day fights alongside before an altercation with Sal Maroni transforms him into Two-Face.

-------------------