• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the New Mutants 98 bubble burst?
1 1

1,121 posts in this topic

If the movie stinks much like ASM2, would you still want to pay these prices?

did you see Days of Future Past?

Its freakishly mind blowingly good.. had the same exact movie been put out by Mickey Mouse with a disney name, it would have earned 2billion.. its sad so many disney fanboys still haven't seen this film.. easily the best comic movie ever made by a HUGE MARGIN..

strange too, the x-men days boycott seems exclusively american, as days of future past earned most of its record breaking total Internationally.

My point is I don't think Deadpool will have any problems being compelling, entertaining and loads of fun to watch..

If I was a mickey mouse fanboy now, Id be worried that noone seems to care about Gaurdians anymore.. or never really did..

Rocket Racoon isnt a household name. little boys arent flooding playgrounds with rocket racoon toys as disney fanboys here predicted..

the kids went back to Wolverine And Deadpool

this is a serious problem for Marvel Disney in the long run and to ignore or simply write off the fact that Marvel Disney has NO modern icons that folks collect EVERYTHING of. ok there is HULK but not much there to really collect.

Guadrians has come and gone, all those first appearances are plummeting while Deadpool and Wolverine skyrocket..

I really hope they base the Movie off of Deadpool kills MArvel universe because that is how I feel Deisney is treating my beloved heroes, as cash cows, when ronan was killed (hes immortal btw) o realized that Disney was using marvel as a cash cow and will continue to pump out mediocre ok popcorn flicks making characters like Groot that are nothing like the books..

MAKE MINE FOX

by the time the third GOTG movie is done, Marvel will have reaped over $1.25BB in revenue on the $2.5BB box office receipts. this from a 3rd tier group that no one gave a hoot about for 25 years. boy, do they have problems.

The last show I did ten days ago, I had people low balling me for everything Deadpool including NM98 and back issues. Wolverine is not a strong seller for me at shows and I have a nice selection. Wonder Woman is the best seller for me be it comics, totes, pints, shots, and whatever else. Harley Quinn is second and I did have a lot of people asking for Rocket Raccoon stuff. Don't underestimate that raccoon.

It looks like the highest recorded sale of NM98 CGC 9.8 was $1000 last month. The lowest recorded sale in 2014 was in February for $300.

I don't think it hitting $2K is too far fetched. (shrug)

cm6eq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

i love the concept of market capitalization for slabs (as flawed as it is) that someone put forth many moons ago.

looking at the big 3, current market caps in 8.0 and higher are roughly:

ASM #300 $2.55MM

TWD #1 $2.9MM

NM 98 $2.75MM

given how many more NM 98's that are going to be churned out in relation to the other two, it would seem to take a leap of faith for one to speculate these are going much higher.

Copies on the bay are starting at $899 (not counting the auctions) for a 9.8. It blows my mind that people have already spent over $1,400 on this book...

Anyone know someone who works at CGC? I bet it is the most popular submission by 1,000% for the next 3 months.

My guess, no way this bubble makes it all the way to the movie launch before popping...

:shrug:

[font:Book Antiqua]I love to watch collectors invest in NM #98

Is almost the same fun as watching

lemmings jumping off cliffs...

[/font]

:luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9::luhv::cloud9:

Wow.

Probably one of the funniest things I've seen in quite sometime.

funny yes but the lemming scene is staged , the movie is called " white wilderness" a Disney movie from 1958 , the lemming were thrown of the cliff with a platform (obvious in one scene) you can wikopedia it

It looks like the highest recorded sale of NM98 CGC 9.8 was $1000 last month. The lowest recorded sale in 2014 was in February for $300.

i love the concept of market capitalization for slabs (as flawed as it is) that someone put forth many moons ago.

ASM #300 $2.55MM

TWD #1 $2.9MM

NM 98 $2.75MM

given how many more NM 98's that are going to be churned out in relation to the other two, it would seem to take a leap of faith for one to speculate these are going much higher.

Love the concept. Explain more please.

ASM #300 $2.55MM

TWD #1 $2.9MM

NM 98 $2.75MM

# of copies in each grade on the census multiplied by recent GPA for the respective grade. pretty straightforward.

ASM #300 $2.55MM

TWD #1 $2.9MM

NM 98 $2.75MM

# of copies in each grade on the census multiplied by recent GPA for the respective grade. pretty straightforward.

I thought as much, but wanted to ask to make sure.

So the argument is that with a rising market cap, values should decrease.

Makes sense to me, my bet is that the census in 8.0 and above more than doubles in the next 3 years.

ASM #300 $2.55MM

TWD #1 $2.9MM

NM 98 $2.75MM

I thought as much, but wanted to ask to make sure.

So the argument is that with a rising market cap, values should decrease.

Makes sense to me, my bet is that the census in 8.0 and above more than doubles in the next 3 years.

it's algebra, so if you believe X(# of copies) will become 2x then for the price (Y) to remain the same, you'd have to believe the market would support a market cap of 2XY or $5.5MM. if you believed the price were also to double then you'd be talking an $11MM market cap. for comparison's purposes, the current market cap of Hulk #181 is roughly $10MM (i stopped calculating when i got down to 5.0). again, this only the slabbed population.

Only I could sell a hot book twice at the same time and lose cash.

I just sold a 9.8 for $829 at 9 percent. But someone else I had talked to about the book offered me $785 at 3 percent. WHILE I WAS WRITING THE INVOICE, someone does a straight buy of it without making an offer. Doing the math, I sold the book twice and lost ten bucks.

I thought about pulling the book as I negotiated, but of course it could've fallen apart at any time, and I already had a second offer.

lol. YIPPEEE

Screenshot of the census for NM98:

150110.jpg

If I ever got a 9.8, with my luck I'd be the guy to submit the lone 9.8 PLOD.

Here's my two cents so listen up people!

Deadpool is being marketed to death! That's according to us adults. Kids frikkin love Deadpool. My son is obsessed. Yes got swords, guns, sweet kick skills, he can heal, and he's funny. If I were and 8y/o boy I'd love him too... Which I do anyway but not the point.

Point is, if this generation grows up continuing to love the character, then yes, it could be this generations spider-Man or what have you. That being said, I think the bubble Will shrink but not burst. I think these kids may eventually be looking for NM98.

Maybe....

I'm hoping I can sell mine and buy another on the cheap.