• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

I like the show but can do without the campy humorous touches. I love The Penguin and my guess is that they are going to make us wait in anticipation for the introduction of The Joker.

Yeah I never thought they could cultivate the Penguin into anything worthwhile but they are doing great with the character.

And did we not possibly already see the Joker in the first episode hm

I like the show but can do without the campy humorous touches. I love The Penguin and my guess is that they are going to make us wait in anticipation for the introduction of The Joker.

Yeah I never thought they could cultivate the Penguin into anything worthwhile but they are doing great with the character.

The producer of the show was asked about that during an interview. He hinted at one of the acts may end up as Joker. But he wouldn't confirm this just yet.

I'm still on the fence about this series. I like the concept and want to like the show, but some of the acting and dialogue is cringe-worthy.

I'm in agreement that Penguin, Gordon, Selina, and, to an extent, Bullock are done well. I even kind of like the Riddler character.

Fish Mooney and the rest of the gangsters are pretty laughable. Jada Pinkett Smith needs to take it down a notch or two.

+1 on this assessment!

Penguin and Selina are easily my 2 fav characters. I never thought the Penguin could work nowadays. I always have Danny Devito in my head lol.... but this dude is just killing it!

I like the Riddler also but he's been in the background so far... looking forward to him being more prominent.

Even though it does look like a TV movie, a lot of people watch Dr. Who and all it's hokeyness... so I think we can get past that.

The producer of the show was asked about that during an interview. He hinted at one of the acts may end up as Joker. But he wouldn't confirm this just yet.

When she said, "You're funny." I thought it might be a hint. We'll see.

I think I read somewhere that the producers were going to throw a few characters in there of people who might end up being The Joker. The first of course was the comedian from episode one, and there may be a few more "maybes" until he is revealed. The comedian to me looked too innocent and normal to be The Joker. The Penguin actor, even out of character during interviews still has that twisted look and I'm guessing the actor who portrays The Joker will have a look like that as well. Hoping for a look something like Willem Dafoe.

Where was the Joker? I'm hoping that was Joe Chill, not the Joker.

Where was the Joker? I'm hoping that was Joe Chill, not the Joker.

Comedian on stage when Fish beats Penguin.

Was there a potential Joker appearance in episode 2?

When she said, "You're funny." I thought it might be a hint. We'll see.

Ah. I see. I hope not. The Joker's back story should remain unknown.

Apparently A Potential 'Joker' Will Be Teased In Every Episode

-----------------------------------

We all speculated that the comedian seen doing his routine in Fish Mooney's club in the pilot of Gotham could well become the Joker further down the line, but it seems Jon Beavers is just one of many actors who'll be featured as a potential clown prince of crime in each of the following episodes. Bleeding Cool have heard that "every episode in the first season will introduce a character that might be a future Joker, each emphasising aspects of the character’s iconography, a card sharp, a flower seller, a clown, or just a guy with a very big grin."

-----------------------------------

Those tricky studio people.

:bump:

I think I read somewhere that the producers were going to throw a few characters in there of people who might end up being The Joker. The first of course was the comedian from episode one, and there may be a few more "maybes" until he is revealed. The comedian to me looked too innocent and normal to be The Joker. The Penguin actor, even out of character during interviews still has that twisted look and I'm guessing the actor who portrays The Joker will have a look like that as well. Hoping for a look something like Willem Dafoe.

I think they should have cast the Penguin actor as the Joker. He looks a lot like the Joker(before he fell into the vat of acid) in The Killing Joke. He doesn't look like the Penguin at all, but he is the best part of the show, so far.

Just watched last night's episode, I liked it. Penguin is stealing the show, I like the way they are doing the riddler sort of "Dexter" like.

The man and woman villains in the show were good and crazy too.

Looking forward to the rest of the season,

Hope fish mooneh gets merked

I'm very down on the show honestly. I'll give it a chance for the season but I don't see this going long. None of the characters are "right" they are all starting out and I don't feel like I'm in the DC universe. So basically it's a police procedural that namechecks Batman characters. Arrow on the other hand has found a way to make a true Green Arrow TV show. Can't wait till Arrow starts back up.

Just watched last night's episode. Have to admit, I really liked it. Seems to be picking up steam much faster than I thought it would now that all the intro's have been made.

Can't stand the Jada character, but we all know how she'll end up. The whole "penguin eats fish" bit is so predictable, but I can overlook that.