• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Ben Affleck On Playing The Caped Crusader IN BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

----------------------

When asked to divulge some details on the highly anticipated movie however, Affleck would only say: "I can tell you that I’m very excited and it’s very exciting. I can tell you that in my entire career, I haven’t had so many people come up to me and say how much they’re looking forward to the movie. Naturally, that’s a lot of pressure, but I love the -script, I love the director, I love the studio. I’m very much looking forward to it, but it’s two years away so it probably doesn’t bear talking about anymore."

----------------------

BATMAN v SUPERMAN: Ben Affleck Reveals Which AVENGERS Actors He's Influenced By And Why

-----------------------

"I have been getting bigger, yeah. I have been working out a lot. These are not roles that you can do and not exercise for. Audiences have now increasing expectations. Like, in the 50s, you could just be like Burt Lancaster and tall. That was ok, but now you see guys like Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans and all these guys whose bodies are just, you think, 'How is that even possible?'"

-----------------------

K4ezHXq.png

I guess he figured it out how to make that possible.

Ben Affleck explains the ‘Batman v Superman’ vs. ‘Star Wars’ battle between Zack Snyder and J.J. Abrams

“I think it was started because JJ [Abrams] and Colin Anderson, who is a great [camera] operator who always works on my movies, and JJ is always trying to steal, and I’m trying to steal back, sent me a picture of the two of them wearing cheap Batman masks. I showed it to Zack [snyder], and said ‘this is bulls***, we have to do something!'”, Affleck explains

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: Secretive Shoot to Take Place on Michigan State University Campus

------------------

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will reportedly shoot at the exotic looking Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum later this month, although it appears what exactly will remain a mystery. Zack Snyder had fake Hedges built and erected around the MSU set to keep it safe from prying eyes.

------------------

Rumor is this is going to be the Cyborg scenes.

:wishluck:

Ben Affleck Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN; Teases Zack Snyder's "Visually Inventive" Style

-------------------

"Zack has more energy than anybody I know. He works as hard as anybody. He’s in the gym in the morning and storyboards every single shot, which is a huge amount of work. So everybody knows what’s going on. He’s got enormous visual talent. I stand there and he sets up shots. We do the blocking and…I see a shot from Zack and I think, I never would have thought of that. He is so visually inventive so that’s quite pleasant. Action movies take a lot of days and involve a lot of stunts and visual effects—that combination and the story has its own challenges but I’m enjoying it. What I’ve learned from Zack in the movie are the cutting-edge visual effects—what we’re able to do now and how you integrate that into a story. He’s very gifted."

-------------------

That says a lot about what is going on behind the scenes.

Ben Affleck On BATMAN v SUPERMAN -script & DAREDEVIL Regrets

------------------

NPR: On whether he has any trepidation about starring in the upcoming Batman, given his regrets about the 2003 film Daredevil

BEN AFFLECK: Indeed I have regrets about Daredevil. I have regrets about all the movies that I don't think were executed properly. ... Look, if I thought we were remaking Daredevil, I'd be out there picketing myself ... and that goes for other movies as well that I haven't been happy with. You know, I'm hard on myself and I have exacting standards and I want to do excellent work and I don't always succeed, but I think you have to start out with that drive.

[batman] was written by Chris Terrio, who wrote Argo, who's not a comic guy. And it's directed by Zach Snyder, who's a incredibly magical sort of visual stylist who's steeped in the comic world. And you have this sandwich of talents. I felt very confident about it. ... I thought it would be nice to make one of these movies really, really good.

------------------

This is partly why I think Affleck is going to do all he can to make Batman's role stand out. He has something to prove. Though the Daredevil Director's Cut is quite a bit different than the Theatrical Release.

i know it was post on it's own thread but we all know this thread would become the Justice League thread once BvS comes out.

New JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Rumor; Brainiac To Be Main Villain

There you will find a hot Justice League scoop from El Mayimbe from Latino Revew. He says Batman v Superman screenwriter Chris Terrio, who is currently working on the Justice League movie, has the main villain being Brainiac. He'll be teased at the end of Batman v Superman. Apparently, when Superman activated the Kryptonian ship which led to General Zod heading to Earth, it also was picked up on by Brainiac.

these seems like it can work out great, i'm always saying that in MOS when ZOD is taking about how they got the world engine we see Kryptonians looking like they were in war with something.

Edited by kagenish