• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Thanks. I have a Shocking Mystery #51 that I hope to upgrade one day too. Great LB Cole covers!

One LB Cole I don't need a upgrade on is Guns Against Gangsters #8 which I have a CGC 8.0 or 8.5 (yikes! I don't remember which). If I find it I'll post a scan. I love that shark cover.

Thanks. I have a Shocking Mystery #51 that I hope to upgrade one day too. Great LB Cole covers!

One LB Cole I don't need a upgrade on is Guns Against Gangsters #8 which I have a CGC 8.0 or 8.5 (yikes! I don't remember which). If I find it I'll post a scan. I love that shark cover.

The Shocking Mystery #51 was the last one I needed to complete the run. I have neglected taking group shots of books for a while but I have that one:

68y2aw.jpg

I got a cheap fair copy and then got a decent upgrade shortly afterwards. I also got a nice scan of a killer copy and put it on a t-shirt! I need it's sister book - the Suspense Comics #9. I'll spend the $ for that one of these days.

Do you mean the GAG #6, with Toni swimming? That's the only one I need! :( I think the other shark cover is the Criminals on the Run #4.

Killer covers on those last 2 books too! (thumbs u

The Shocking Mystery #51 was the last one I needed to complete the run. I have neglected taking group shots of books for a while but I have that one:

68y2aw.jpg

I got a cheap fair copy and then got a decent upgrade shortly afterwards. I also got a nice scan of a killer copy and put it on a t-shirt! I need it's sister book - the Suspense Comics #9. I'll spend the $ for that one of these days.

Do you mean the GAG #6, with Toni swimming? That's the only one I need! :( I think the other shark cover is the Criminals on the Run #4.

Awesome LB Cole run, and great group shot! Especially love the #50 & 51! Congratulations :headbang:

68y2aw.jpg

Yes, you're right. I meant issue #6. I try and keep any scans of books as I buy them so I don't have to rescan everything but I think that scan was on a PC that my GF bricked by spilling tea on it. I will try and scan it at some point though. It's a killer cover to me. Very glad I grabbed a higher CGC copy.

That's a great run you have there too. I've been buying LB Cole stuff for some time but like Matt Baker I'm just slowly chipping away at their work. There's so much else out there to buy too. :grin:

I still need a Suspense #8. It's not hard to find but other stuff keeps popping up to distract me... :pullhair:

FYI, I don't know what your budget is like but Metro has a very pretty Suspense #9 on their site in CGC 8.5 with off-white to white pages.

It's $2300.00 and it was a book I was thinking about until that damn All American #61 showed up in a clink auction. Can't have everything at once I guess.... :(

Edited by Nerv

Picked these two up on The Bay last week. I've been after the Strange Mysteries 2 for a long time. I'm only missing two issues (#3 &4) from the run.

ifapow.jpg

zx2via.jpg

Nice. I really like the colors on that Baffling too! :applause:

IMG_2476_zps5af73415.jpg

Whoah nellie. And I passed on that book because I thought I had the 11.

Sweet book Caleb!

Every story in this issue is a winner, especially the Heath Rodeo! (thumbs u

PS: Just noticed Supernerds hand reflection on the slab makes it look like he's holding the shotgun too. Eerie! lol

Edited by Jayman

PS: Just noticed Supernerds hand reflection on the slab makes it look like he's holding the shotgun too. Eerie! lol

Haha! Thanks Jayman :grin:

I noticed the same thing when I posted the pic. It is a bit surreal, and that was definitely one of those "happy" mistakes.

Apparently, I just wanted to make sure they were aiming the shotgun properly....