• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Is that the new standard? As long as someone doesn't rip people off, they can act however they want? Perhaps I am a dreamer, but it seems that a seller could be honest and treat people well at the same time. (shrug)

If someone gives me an offer, and I tell them I will get back to them on it, I get back to them before selling it.

I'm not sure exactly what happened in that sales thread, or between the members involved, but to this point about offers and responses I think it is more complicated.

If you had promised someone specifically that you would not sell before responding to their offer, than yes, one is always bound by their word, I agree.

However, if one is fielding multiple offers, of varying merits, I do not think one is specifically obliged to respond to every person before accepting the offer that suits the seller. As a courtesy, yes, losing bidders should be informed afterwards that you have accepted a better offer.

I am unsure in this case if the issue is the perceived rudeness or lack of courtesy in the follow up, or a feeling that something unfair was done to a bidder? (shrug)

I truly enjoy the judgment and comments that you guys are making when you have no idea what transpired or what you're talking about.

you sure do come back to this "you guys have no idea what really happened" argument a lot.

so last night I cancelled a transaction because board member 'hcaworker' was using someone else's paypal address (sslim66) as his. He claimed this was his brother however after speaking to another board member and then doing research on the posts of both members I can say that hcaworker is sslim66

hcaworker claims he is 'Jeff'

sslim66 first name is 'Matt'

here is my evidence

first of all he's using sslim66 paypal account and photobucket account

the invoice I received from hcaworker was sslim66 current paypal account. the photobucket were the pictures were posted for the sale last night were from sslim66

http://s125.photobucket.com/user/sslim66/media/005_zpsb7201496.jpg.html

the board member who provided me additional information was 'strummer2'

it appears that 'strummer2' sold 'sslim66' a DD1 which 'sslim66' has not paid for. He has received the book but has failed to make payments since August which is around the time that sslim66 has stopped posting.

Sslim66 last post is 7/23/14

Hcaworkers first post was in a sslim66 sales thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7621288#Post7621288

Nice book it looks better than most 5.0 ive seen if its still around when I get paid ill hit you up!!! Baron is going to get big after his cameo at the end of the new captain America movie

hcaworker next post (purchases a asm194 book)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=346782&Number=7841949#Post7841949

I confirmed with the seller that hcaworker paid with the same 'sslim66' paypal account and the item was shipped to "Matt"

When Strummer sees that hcaworker posts a DD1 in the PGM thread that looks like the one he sent Matt (sslim66) he asks if this is the same person

hcaworker removes himself from the topic

here is the PGM thread (scans of book have been removed but are still on his photobucket)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=351770&Number=7966981#Post7966981

here is his pic of the DD1

dd1a_zpscc47f9ec.jpg

and the book strummer2 sold him - was a different company slab so I cropped it

9C7C6A52-08D4-4360-BC00-ACD438212D0F_zpspfvldno6.jpg

it is the same book

strummer2 has shared with me PMs/Emails where sslim66 says he's going to create a new account after the PL list fiasco

furthermore whenever strummer2 contacts him he claims he doesn't know Matt unlike the message he gave me that he said Matt was his brother.

Strummer2 has opened a PL case against slim66 but I believe as he does that sslim66 and hcaworker are the same board member.

link to probation nomination

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8066839#Post8066839

I sympatize with Mxwll Smrt. :)

He bought 1 book. I bought 11 :o

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that - and I'm clear that his willingness to ignore your comments is an augury of much more.

Has that problem settled? Were you able to get in touch with the seller?

Is it odd for a buyer to not respond to a PM about a lot they put up a :takeit: for?

I don't mind if they want to wait to see the other books I may put up but to not respond at all for over a day and a half just seems odd to me. (shrug)

Depends what the PM said, really (I'm assuming they've read it rather than just not opened it).

A day and a half doesn't seem that long. We all* have lives outside the boards.

*for which read "most of us"

Is it odd for a buyer to not respond to a PM about a lot they put up a :takeit: for?

I don't mind if they want to wait to see the other books I may put up but to not respond at all for over a day and a half just seems odd to me. (shrug)

It's odd but it happens. How long has it been since you sent the PM? Sometimes people read on their mobile device while on the go but don't respond immediately. Generally, 24 hours is what I would consider acceptable for a reply. After that, I might send a polite 'nudge' to ask what they have in mind for payment.

I sympatize with Mxwll Smrt. :)

He bought 1 book. I bought 11 :o

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that - and I'm clear that his willingness to ignore your comments is an augury of much more.

Has that problem settled? Were you able to get in touch with the seller?

Yes. The seller was extremely polite and apologetic and went out of his way to make things right.

It doesn't take long to respond to a PM.

It might, depending on what the PM says, and how much thinking is required in order to reply to it!

I'm just saying I don't think there's any need to worry after a day and a half.

It is just almost 48hrs since the original email with the paypal address for payment was sent . They had board activity after they read it and none since that day. I guess I have just never not replied to a PM when dealing with a seller.

Have not sold here before and so far not turning out to be a great experience so far.

So I get the rules right and don't do anything wrong. I have to tie up said purchase for 30days if they do not respond to the PM?

It might, depending on what the PM says, and how much thinking is required in order to reply to it!

It is just almost 48hrs since the original email with the paypal address for payment was sent . They had board activity after they read it and none since that day. I guess I have just never not replied to a PM when dealing with a seller.

Have not sold here before and so far not turning out to be a great experience so far.

So I get the rules right and don't do anything wrong. I have to tie up said purchase for 30days if they do not respond to the PM?

I would say that IF it bothers you that much to not have communication for 1.5 days, transactions here might be a rough go. HOWEVER, in the future, consider a term in your sales threads "If payment is not made within X days of invoicing, otherwise I reserve the right to negate the sale." Or something firmer if you prefer.

I would say that IF it bothers you that much to not have communication for 1.5 days, transactions here might be a rough go. HOWEVER, in the future, consider a term in your sales threads "If payment is not made within X days of invoicing, otherwise I reserve the right to negate the sale." Or something firmer if you prefer.

Or at this point, I'd gently email the seller and ask if everything is OK or when I might be able to expect payment.

It's definitely normal not to hear from a buyer sometimes for days, especially on eBay.

I'd base my reaction on whether it's a longtime member or a noob too. If it's someone that is highly respected, I wouldn't bother them unless a few days went buy as I'd just bank on them following through when they're ready, although I have had even respected board members forget about things. It happens. That's why I'd always go with the nice reminder after a bit of time has passed.