• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink - lose the stickers PLEASE! (You Too METROPOLIS!)

81 posts in this topic

Here is yet another message from an eBay customer who got a CGC slab with one of your stickers on the back:

" . . . . comic book arrived ok and i gave you 5 star feedback, just thought you should know that i hate the label on the back of the comic it took me ten minutes to remove the glue on the back of the label . . . "

I completely agree - these stickers are permanent and they have ruined slabs that I've attempted to remove them from. I know why you put them on the slabs, but can you please stop it - or use removable labels like Heritage :mad:

I stole this from someone else, as in the idea, but just put a small amount of olive oil on it for a few minutes. A little dab will do yeah. Also a little bit on a paper towel.

Then come back in a few minutes and wipe away. Bad stickers may require one more coat.

Obviously don't wipe the oil all over the place. That's what she said.

This had been a real problem for me, but no more after this...

I sold a book a while back and at the last minute I realized it had the dreaded sticker on the back. I figure, easy does it It'll come right off. It instantly began to shred no matter how careful I was and left behind a pulpy-film cemented to the plastic. I don't remember what I used - it may have been goof-off or rubber cement thinner to try to dissolve the glue. I ended up getting most of it off, no thanks to the solvents, I had to basically roll the paper-glue crud into balls and use clear tape to suck it off the plastic. The solvent left the plastic dull with a matt finish and I was lucky, in a mylar you really couldn't see the damage to the slab. But that's the point - it can damage slabs. Buy better-quality labels or stop putting that crud on the books. Please.

PS. I no longer attempt to remove them, I am so spooked by that experience. But I may try some of the methods suggested here on some low-value books that have been stickered (thumbs u

(thumbs u

There are some representatives of CLink on these boards and they are well aware of this issue. They've just decided not to do anything about it.

Well…if this many people are complaining about it…it may be time to do something about it.

I know this topic has come up before, and I'm pretty sure it will come up again.

I've recently picked up a piece from Comiclink and would have been alot happier if I didn't receive it with the sticker. It's on there pretty good and I find it strange that I already know where I got the piece from and need a constant (possibly permanent) reminder of this.