• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I truly enjoy the judgment and comments that you guys are making when you have no idea what transpired or what you're talking about.

I do know Andre very well. I've never known him to lie. He simply said you said you'd get back to him after he made his offer but the book sold before that happened. Is that incorrect?

Andre is solid guy and a solid buyer if he's got it wrong you should correct him to clear the record.

I don't want to say he lied but what you're reading into the comment is incorrect.

Andre made an offer early yesterday morn which I declined. We exchanged a few PMs and he made a final offer, which was reasonable but I also did not accept. I told him I would "circle back" to him and asked if he wanted to make his offer a standing offer. At that point, he said he was withdrawing his offer and the case was closed.

I did send him a lengthy PM apologizing for possible miscommunication. He's read it but hasn't responded. Not much else I can do.

In regards to him, I did nothing wrong.

Sounds like you guys each heard something different. That's too bad.

It doesn't matter what he or I heard.

When he said "I withdraw my offer" I am under no further obligation to do anything unless he were to post the :takeit: sign, which he did not.

As an attorney, I think you know this to be true.

Well I know that's what you heard, but that's not what he's mentioned so far.

It matters a lot what you heard and what he heard given that you're giving two entirely different accounts of what happened.

As an attorney I know there's three sides to every dispute. Yours, his and the truth. The difference is all about perspective and perception.

You might all be right, you might all be off base.

So when people exchange PMs and those people relate the subject matter of that PM conversation to someone else, they say I "heard" this or that? Not playing grammar police, just trying to see whether it was a PM "conversation" vs spoken. If the former, then the PMs could be shared. In the end, IDRGAF. There are more important conversations going on like why are comic book creators hell bent on killing cosplayers.

Should it be "read" not "heard"?

No. "Heard" can mean "to be told of or informed," with no requirement of anything auditory. But, thank you for playing.

If I heard condescension in your remark, would I be wrong? :baiting:

No. "Heard" can mean "to be told of or informed," with no requirement of anything auditory. But, thank you for playing.

Not as long as it sounded like Ethel Merman.

Not as long as it sounded like Ethel Merman.

lol