• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

So... if anyone ever suspects my stuff of being overgraded, I'd much rather them send me a PM than me look like a fool.

Everyone makes mistakes. I often grade stuff when I get it, put a post-if on the bag with the grade and any major defects, and then don't look/think about them again until I sell them, and I've overgraded some things (and probably undergraded some, too).

But I'd much rather someone -- anyone -- just send me a message that says, "I think that you're a little high on the Action #1 you have up. It looks like a FN and you've got a NM. What gives?"

Now, I'm not saying that I have something at VF and you think it might be a VF-...

But I'd rather be a trusted seller that has to swallow their ego and downgrade a book than have one where people won't buy from because they think the stuff isn't the grade advertised.

Sslim66 and hcaworker I am researching to see if they are one and the same schill.

If so I will weigh in tomorrow with what I know to the Cgc board members. Could get ugly hope it doesn't .... :tonofbricks:

Edited by strummer2

His customer service skills never cease to amaze me. Yeah, he got the sale but once again its hard to tell how many possible customers he lost for the future.

Is that the new standard? As long as someone doesn't rip people off, they can act however they want? Perhaps I am a dreamer, but it seems that a seller could be honest and treat people well at the same time. (shrug)

Is that the new standard? As long as someone doesn't rip people off, they can act however they want? Perhaps I am a dreamer, but it seems that a seller could be honest and treat people well at the same time. (shrug)

There's a seller that I've seen at the big conventions I've gone to (C2E2 and Wizard World Chicago) who is a complete jerk. He has great books, stuff like Batman 1, but because his attitude and personality is so bad I refuse to give him any of my money. I have no idea whether that particular guy is honest or not, but I don't buy from people I don't like. Tangent over. Carry on.

P.S. - I'm not talking about any boardies (at least I don't think he's a boardie)

Customer Service skills aside. No one has ever accused him of ripping them off.

Keep that in mind when you pass judgment. (thumbs u

3 Strikes for thread Krapping in sales threads and all the other drama he brings.

What about listing a 9.6 as a 9.8 then trying to squeeze a record GPA price out the buyer?

Customer Service skills aside. No one has ever accused him of ripping them off.

Keep that in mind when you pass judgment. (thumbs u

3 Strikes for thread Krapping in sales threads and all the other drama he brings.

What about listing a 9.6 as a 9.8 then trying to squeeze a record GPA price out the buyer?

No drama here at all! :whatev:

If someone gives me an offer, and I tell them I will get back to them on it, I get back to them before selling it.

If someone gives me an offer, and I tell them I will get back to them on it, I get back to them before selling it.

And that pretty much seals the question, valid for everyone. (thumbs u

Thats because you are a class act! Proof that you can do both.

I truly enjoy the judgment and comments that you guys are making when you have no idea what transpired or what you're talking about.

I do know Andre very well. I've never known him to lie. He simply said you said you'd get back to him after he made his offer but the book sold before that happened. Is that incorrect?

Andre is solid guy and a solid buyer if he's got it wrong you should correct him to clear the record.