• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

By any chance is your extra #1 a 5.0 or better? hm

It i a 9.6 Gaines file.

Now that's rare hm

:grin:

I don't think he realized you were asking about Showcase 1, maybe he thought you meant his Kamandi or something. The highest graded SC 1 is 'only' a 9.0 . I think the 9.0 Showcase 1 is the Northland copy ?

By chance is your extra #1 a 5.0 or better? hm

It i a 9.6 Gaines file.

Now that's rare hm

:grin:

I don't think he realized you were asking about Showcase 1, maybe he thought you meant his Kamandi or something. The highest graded SC 1 is 'only' a 9.0 . I think the 9.0 Showcase 1 is the Northland copy ?

You're right, I read too fast and spoke about EC Extra. lol

Sorry for the confusion.

My SC#1 is only 6.0.

I can't remember if the 9.0 is a Northford, but I think it is still in Heritage sales list.

The 9.0 SC#1 on Heritage is a white pages "Motor city" which must say "Northland" as Bomber-Bob said (and not a "Northford", another confusion I made tonight).

I think I need some sleep and I'm going back to my golden age readings before doing another mistake !

The 9.0 SC#1 on Heritage is a white pages "Motor city" which must say "Northland" as Bomber-Bob said (and not a "Northford", another confusion I made tonight).

I think I need some sleep and I'm going back to my golden age readings before doing another mistake !

Newsboy.

I am shocked that one bid against me on Boba's 37. I am really excited about winning it. I will get a group shot to share of my Metal Men run, when it arrives. :cloud9:

Congatulations, it is a wonderful book to add to your already wonderful collection.

Thank you for sharing.

The one who bid against you must not be a showcase thread reader, it seemed obvious it was you ! ;)

I am shocked that one bid against me on Boba's 37. I am really excited about winning it. I will get a group shot to share of my Metal Men run, when it arrives. :cloud9:

I was also somewhat shocked considering all the watchers. They probably own a copy and wanted to see what it did. Got to love eBay (shrug)

Well, I'm glad it went to Sam I am. and if you got a deal Sam, well good for you.

We all make out in the long run.

I'll get it out to you tomorrow Sam (thumbs u

Here are the books I need to complete my run, that I do not currently have at least a 5.0 copy, either raw or slabbed.

1, 3, 16, 17, 20, 22, 50, 66, 71, 92, 93, & 103

SO, I SEE YOU (FINALLY) GOT A #37 :whistle:

lol

Now that's a nice balanced set. (thumbs u

I can't take complete credit for finding that Showcase #37, it was board member JimJum12 who led me to that one and a bunch of amazing Showcases, some of which remain in my set and some I have since parted with.

That 37 is the Mohawk Valley ? .......if so, it was a very pretty book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....... Mark kept the Flash issues out of that collection ....they were NICE.

Great copy!

I've heard many different opinions about the beginning of the Silver Age. So was it this comic or Fantastic Four number one? What do you guys think?

A buddy here on the boards passed this on to me - this should be interesting :grin:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=577356

sho1.3033a.jpg

Hey Jim! Is this one of them? If so it appears to be coming up for auction soon. That'd be a great book to own.

The 4 wasn't a Mohawk.....I don't think any of the 4 Flash's were..... and Mark will probably take 'em to the grave..... he's nutz about Flash. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u