• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics in the Bronze Age
2 2

139 posts in this topic

After 2 years i finally acquired my 20th edition of Action Comics #419 it hails from Denmark. The only missing edition was published in Johannesburg, South Africa.

20140528_211532_zpsd76efcb1.jpg

You always amaze me with the books you have in your collection! :applause:

After 2 years i finally acquired my 20th edition of Action Comics #419 it hails from Denmark. The only missing edition was published in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Thanks rjrj!

this one was the hardest to get. Dealers say back then the print may have only been less than 10,000 and when they didnt sell they sent the remaining back to be shredded for credit

I try to buy doubles as much as i can for trade

Action 419 is the best Adams Supes cover!

Thanks rjrj!

this one was the hardest to get. Dealers say back then the print may have only been less than 10,000 and when they didnt sell they sent the remaining back to be shredded for credit

If you have any foreign Star Wars comics you are willing to part with, we should talk via PM!

Thanks rjrj!

If you have any foreign Star Wars comics you are willing to part with, we should talk via PM!

i do not but i will keep an eye out for you. I always have collectors coming to me with stuff they find

Not sure but Define999 may have the largest set unless you do...

Im always looking for books for foreign community so i got you on my radar

PM me if you have any stuff that you are up to trade I have some stuff

I have only seen the handful of foreign additions for Action #419 from your posts, this Denmark edition sticks out as it uses the photo background. Are there other foreign editions for 419 that use the photo background as well?

10155882_712329050531_219575432443771536_n.jpg

Superman in Action Comics: Volume 2, Featuring the Complete Covers of the Second 25 Years (1994)

are you still selling this or you have it in the PIF???

Not selling! it was in the PIF thread. It has been taken unless the next offer goes untaken, then my offers are back on the table.

I finally have all my comics together in one place again for the first time in almost 5 years. I came across these gems, Action #408 (1/72), #443 (1/75) and #445 (3/75).

I plan on reading #445, I have only read a hand full of Bronze Superman. I'm also glad to have the raw #443 back in my hands, this helps me appreciate my graded example of the same issue even more.

P1000892_zps09c471b1.jpg

I just added this piece to my collection.

P1010200_zps1a752a78.jpg

Action Comics #399 (April, 1971), Neal Adams cover. :cloud9:

I love this cover, one of my favorite Adams covers from Action.

Sharp copy! Takes dedication to find 9.8s even this old. You have a fantastic collection.

Around my area at local shops it is a rare day to find a 9.8 comic over 20 years old. And ebay is a crapshoot for 9.8 grades.

Edited by FutureFlash

I just picked up some Bronze Action at a local show, and all for a good price. The conditions aren't bad, lots of white pages. Some of these I have slabbed, haveing raw copies helps makes me appreciate the slabbed examples a bit more. I've decided to build a run of Bronze Action raw, so that I can one day say that I have read some of these issues.

P1010274_zpsbbad0983.jpg