• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

Thanks for all of the information and diverse opinions, guys. I just reached ASM 340 in my quest to read all of the Spideys, including Peter Parker, MTU, and Web. A quest which my friend Darth Korgi has also undertaken. The stories are still enjoyable, but I've reached 1990 now and I'm a little worried about what's coming up next. The 90's have a not-so-great reputation.

Thanks for this information, guys.

Great post! I'd love to have all of those comics, but mostly have Spider-Man issues from 1971 onward, with a handful prior to those thrown in. Luckily Marvel Tales and Essential Spider-Man fills in the holes.

But why did you get rid of the issues after 441? Just curious. I'm new to this board and have recently been reading Spider-Man from the very beginning. I've not reached those issues yet (I'm just finishing up the 80's).

I've heard some bad things about Marvel in the 90s and am a little worried I won't like them.

It's a very easy place to stop because of the renumbering, I haven't bought anything past #441 for my collection either.

I know some people out there will think I am crazy for saying this, but for me there is no point in collecting anything beyond McFarlane's run on ASM.

You're crazy for saying that.

Is there really anything between 328 and 441 that you need to own? I am not saying there's nothing worth reading, I am saying that in my opinion there's not really anything worth collecting in the last 25 years. Yes, the first appearance of Carnage might be the exception. Still, that leaves the last 23 years. I guess I'm just old school.

#344,361,400,408 Variant, 430,431,432 Variant......and that's just up to #441.

410 too...

When looking to collect all of Spidey's rogues appearances, what method did you use?

There are dozens and dozens of them and most of them are under issue #20.

I feel like a fair estimate is save $200-250 and get the best possible grade. This could net mid-grade appearances of Kraven, Scorpion, and Kingpin and high grade copies of Venom, Carnage, Morbius, and Hobgoblin. Obviously

When it comes to issues 14 and under, it becomes so much more expensive, first appearance included or not. I must have those issues at some point as a collector, but the task seems so difficult.

When looking to collect all of Spidey's rogues appearances, what method did you use?

There are dozens and dozens of them and most of them are under issue #20.

I feel like a fair estimate is save $200-250 and get the best possible grade. This could net mid-grade appearances of Kraven, Scorpion, and Kingpin and high grade copies of Venom, Carnage, Morbius, and Hobgoblin. Obviously

When it comes to issues 14 and under, it becomes so much more expensive, first appearance included or not. I must have those issues at some point as a collector, but the task seems so difficult.

The only issues you will have trouble getting for thoses prices are 1, 2, and 3.

Of course your talking low grade for most of the others at that price besides 8, 10, 11, and 12

Edited by violentluke

I have only just collected two series of comics Tomb of Dracula and Spider-man the Dracula is complete and I am down to ten issues of Amazing plus Amazing fantasy 15. I am not fussy on condition I suppose 4.0 is the vast majority of my 100 down. Lately I have been buying the latest issues but find that it has lost its way, I'm sure I'm not the only collector who thinks like this about the title. I have all the satellite titles so I am happy to bide my time completing the title but any offers not slabbed I would consider.

P.S here are the numbers I'm missing: 1,2,4,5,6,7,9,16,17,20, and better copies of 14. 46

Webs away!

Paid this one off this week...should have the book in hand on Monday or Tuesday...been a long time a'comin'. THX to Don/Peter Loves Gwen!

THX again Don! There are 25 universal blue label 9.0s...this might not be the nicest one in the universe but it's gotta be close! :cloud9::headbang:

ASM4CGC90White.jpg

Paid this one off this week...should have the book in hand on Monday or Tuesday...been a long time a'comin'. THX to Don/Peter Loves Gwen!

THX again Don! There are 25 universal blue label 9.0s...this might not be the nicest one in the universe but it's gotta be close! :cloud9::headbang:

ASM4CGC90White.jpg

Great book Tom! (worship)