• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most valuable Action Comics #1 reprint...
2 2

51 posts in this topic

Is it the nestle quick one? The Treasury? It's difficult to gauge. These things have prices all over the place..It seems like the 90's ones would be least valuable since those were heavily printed, but those seem to get good money too. My money would be on the oldest one, but I'm not entirely sure which one that is lol

It seems to me that the Safeguard reprint from 1976 generally goes for the most (for no reason I can discern).

The 50th anniversary reprint from 1988 seems to go for the least (probably because it is the most common.)

lol

Are these tougher in high grade? I actually have a couple of this one, but they have ink smudges like crazy. I guess from being stacked on top of each other...I don't think they would hit 9.6-9.8.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=25264115

Edited by Real Elijah Snow

lol

Are these tougher in high grade? I actually have a couple of this one, but they have ink smudges like crazy. I guess from being stacked on top of each other...

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=25264115

A lot of the Safeguard copies I have looked at suffered those smudges or over/under wraps. I would always keep a watch on 9.8's on the Bay that were priced high but they never seemed to sell. They were in the $800-$900 range when the MOS movie was coming out but no bites. I don't have GPA anymore I'd be interested to know how the last few sales have been for the higher grades.

GPA duh. lol

It looks like the 90 day avg. is a bit over $800.

I remember seeing one of the reprints getting $1000-$1500 in 9.8 last year several times, but I couldn't remember which one. I sold some last year myself, but I don't recall which version. They sold really quickly.

I want to say I had Nestle Quick ones and they got $200+ ungraded. They could have been safeguard ones though.

I've never really paid much attention to them until recently. I watched "Man of Steel" again recently and it's got me on a Superman kick. I actually really like the film.

It kind of makes sense to me that the 70's ones can get big $. Obviously the original is out of the question for pretty much everybody (with some exceptions that I'm unfortunately not one of) so it seems that the 1976 safeguard one is the next best thing.

Didn't these start out super cheap in 9.8, the Safe Guard and Nestle reprints? Maybe my memory is off, but I thought prior to 2008 these were not that expensive. (shrug)

To be honest, I'm somewhat baffled at these high prices.