• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Preacher is on the way. Yet I'm pretty sure Enormous would generate far more money through merchandise than Preacher ever will. Although I'm not very concerned about the finances networks make I know it's a large factor. I am however extremely excited to watcher Preacher one day.

Saga would require some Game of Thrones level investment.

I think it'd be a great idea for an animation studio to try to pick up comic book properties and make mature-themed, high quality animated series... Think Aeon Flux, but not mostly terrible.

At this point we have a generation of adults that have grown up on some combination of Adult Swim and anime, so I'd think it has a shot to pick up a lot of viewers and eyeballs. Right now animation is almost solely the domain of the comedy series, and that is largely thanks to one television show... The Simpsons.

I think it might be time for that dynamic to change a little bit... high quality animation can be quite expensive, but I think it is the only shot we have (at least for a very long time) of seeing some of these series realized in another format.

I know we hear about this sort of thing every now and then - Chew, Rat Queens, etc - but I think it makes a lot more sense than trying to turn them all into television shows or movies. Animation is closer to the source than pretty much anything else, and outside of the Scott Pilgrim movie, they still don't do a lot of things in live action that are commonly done with animation.

"Local" may be a stretch. I'm down in Cape Girardeau, so a solid hour and a half south. Was passing through for work so I stopped in. Right place right time I think, as this shop wasn't even ordering Enormous when I was there 2 months ago. Not sure how they came up with 6 different #1 issues.

Saga would require some Game of Thrones level investment.

I think it'd be a great idea for an animation studio to try to pick up comic book properties and make mature-themed, high quality animated series... Think Aeon Flux, but not mostly terrible.

At this point we have a generation of adults that have grown up on some combination of Adult Swim and anime, so I'd think it has a shot to pick up a lot of viewers and eyeballs. Right now animation is almost solely the domain of the comedy series, and that is largely thanks to one television show... The Simpsons.

I think it might be time for that dynamic to change a little bit... high quality animation can be quite expensive, but I think it is the only shot we have (at least for a very long time) of seeing some of these series realized in another format.

I know we hear about this sort of thing every now and then - Chew, Rat Queens, etc - but I think it makes a lot more sense than trying to turn them all into television shows or movies. Animation is closer to the source than pretty much anything else, and outside of the Scott Pilgrim movie, they still don't do a lot of things in live action that are commonly done with animation.

Not a bad idea! Not bad at all

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58