• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

I kinda of see what you are saying with the art. I wonder if Matt is being rushed to get the issues out. I hope not :(

Would be my guess BUT...... we complain if a book is late, so if once in awhile things are not 100% perfect, I can live with it as long as it doesn't become a constant thing

Completely agree with the blurriness this issue.

I asked Matt about this yesterday, and he came back that this issue (and a few before it) he used smaller paper to help get through some deadlines, but that it really didn't speed things up for him and the details didn't scale properly. The loss of distinction in the line work is the result.

He has switched back to regular size paper for issue 11.

Completely agree with the blurriness this issue.

I asked Matt about this yesterday, and he came back that this issue (and a few before it) he used smaller paper to help get through some deadlines, but that it really didn't speed things up for him and the details didn't scale properly. The loss of distinction in the line work is the result.

He has switched back to regular size paper for issue 11.

Right on! Thanks for sharing this, super cool (thumbs u

Loved the issue. Thought the art clearly shone with Matt's switch away from smaller paper. Matt said only page 2 of this issue is on the smaller paper; I checked, but it is a splash page so hard to discern that when side by side with the other pages.

The line of "and this is for President Jefferson and for the Corps of Discovery, you c*$#nting five-tounged son of a whore" was something... Umm, yeah, a little over the top.

If you look closely on the cover of #1 sketch variant, you will see the same hand hidden in the details of the hill. I have wondered when we will see that creature ever since. Kind of reminds me of the creature from the black lagoon. Can't wait to see this issue, so many great covers and stories to come!! This title is in the top 3 Image titles IMO. Awesomeness!!!