• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,498 posts in this topic

What happened to the 6.0 copy?

Same as it ever was. Mislabel. Seems GPA made a decision not to "support" mislabels in terms of their reporting. But CGC doesn't roll that way - different text represents different books.

A number of board members threw a bid in for this book on that Sparkly night. But there can be only one - and that gent was also the one who started the big run up on Romantic Adventures 50 prices. Not a romance collector per se, more like a romance predator, he swoops in for the kill on high profile books.

CinderellaLove25f_1135326006_zps561f4440.jpg

CinderellaLove25b_1135326006_zpsea9a71fc.jpg

Right. The book is actually in the census under the incorrect label spelling.

I would guess it would take the owner resubmitting it hoping for a grade bump to get the book entered in the correct place on the census.

And that's not all. He

snatches the food from my child's mouth

sets my dogs to eating other dogs

puts a gun to my head and makes me bid up

takes what is rightfully mine, precious, he stoles it, thief

He is...the most terrible man in the world

Until he breaks the glass ceiling on a book that I then turn around and profit from. Then he's jake with me. (thumbs u

And that's not all. He

snatches the food from my child's mouth

sets my dogs to eating other dogs

puts a gun to my head and makes me bid up

takes what is rightfully mine, precious, he stoles it, thief

He is...the most terrible man in the world

Until he breaks the glass ceiling on a book that I then turn around and profit from. Then he's jake with me. (thumbs u

How passive

I would guess it would take the owner resubmitting it hoping for a grade bump to get the book entered in the correct place on the census.

Ah yes, I forgot about the mislabelled Sparkle copy. And cgc would rather skew the census than admit their labelling mistake.

Ah yes, I forgot about the mislabelled Sparkle copy. And cgc would rather skew the census than admit their labelling mistake.

I think it may be more that they are just not too concerned about the accuracy of the census. If they were, they might solicit input on errors. I have come across several errors that have gone uncorrected for a considerable time.

The most I can recall paying for a book in this shape. It is one of Dr. Love's four Baker teardrop covers!

_57_zpsae590181.jpg

Yes, I went after this and the 15 but dropped out after awhile. Both are a fraction better than the copies I have, and I wasn't going to pay a huge price for a nominal upgrade.

The TAR 31 went for a good price as well. The person with the private fb was pretty active in these auctions.

Yes, the TAR 31 was a good price. Got a raw 7.5 2 years ago for $80.00. Sometimes cons are still the best place to pick these things up.

The thread on Halloween covers made me realize that Baker never drew a holiday cover of any kind -- unless I'm forgetting one. No covers for Halloween, Christmas, or even ... St. Valentine's Day. :o

Kind of odd and different from, say, Archie where holiday covers abound. Maybe the erratic production cycles at St John made it difficult to commit to a specific cover appearing in a particular month. They might have ended up having to run a Christmas cover on a June issue.