• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

I even forget what I posted.....

JB, there are just no words! What a collection! You NEVER see these books come up. Lucky guy :golfclap:

I drifted to esoteric GA......just some great stuff. My column form CBM was

"The Comicbox" (get it "JBComicbox"?

My first article ever for Gary was on Wow, What a Magazine.

Loved doing articles on these titles.....And the best thing was getting Jim Mooney to recreate his early wonderful covers......jb

So digress to Wow (#2 is first Eisner cover)

WOW, what magazines ( lol)I remember your columns from CBM, lord I miss that magazine! Ever consider being profiled for HA's "Intelligent Collector" magazine? You have great comic related pieces.

Jon and his collection were featured in Forbes back when they used to have a collecting story in each issue.

do you know what issue specifically? Maybe I can find a back copy on eBay?

Copy of Forbes article here from 2005.

If all you have is a hammer collect is romance...everything's a nail romance book?

Ace's romance output from 1949-1956 was 12 titles, 278 issues. In the romance world, Ace was notable for their varied cover style. Some publishers specialized in drawn covers, others in photo-covers. A few produced painted covers. Ace gave you all three flavors, usually in the same title:

Love Experiences 9

LoveExperiences09fc100_zps255d3a20.jpg

Love Experiences 12

LoveExperiences12fc100_zps494ff92c.jpg

Love Experiences 17

LoveExperiences17fc100_zps82ee9812.jpg

If all you have is a hammer collect is romance...everything's a nail romance book?

Ace's romance output from 1949-1956 was 12 titles, 278 issues. In the romance world, Ace was notable for their varied cover style. Some publishers specialized in drawn covers, others in photo-covers. A few produced painted covers. Ace gave you all three flavors, usually in the same title:

Love Experiences 9

LoveExperiences09fc100_zps255d3a20.jpg

Love Experiences 12

LoveExperiences12fc100_zps494ff92c.jpg

Love Experiences 17

LoveExperiences17fc100_zps82ee9812.jpg

Dr. Love, as always, thanks for sharing your peerless romance collection. These are some flawless examples. Ace publications had a myriad of genres, and it seems across all those genres some really eye catching covers! (thumbs u

Acquired this one about two weeks ago. Special issue as it is a Gerber 8 and a No Show. One of three from Ace Publications. Super-MysteryComicsv61_zpsfd3a6897.jpg

Who would of thought after years of searching, all three would come my way in the same year?! Yeah, 2014 rocked for me as a collector! :grin:FullSizeRender_zpse0403833.jpg

Acquired this one about two weeks ago. Special issue as it is a Gerber 8 and a No Show. One of three from Ace Publications. Super-MysteryComicsv61_zpsfd3a6897.jpg

Who would of thought after years of searching, all three would come my way in the same year?! Yeah, 2014 rocked for me as a collector! :grin:FullSizeRender_zpse0403833.jpg

WOW Corey nice pickup!!! you have hit the Gold Mine!!!!! :applause: