• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tribute To Creig Flessel
4 4

439 posts in this topic

Rumor has it that pre-hero DC's are dead.

Isn't that why you "buried" that book in your collection. ;)

Congratulations! :applause:

Thanks Steve. There's actually two Church copies of this issue. And those two copies are the only ones I've ever seen for sale.

Very very nice! That is one tough issue and one of my MF favorite cvrs. Never knew there were two Church copies - assumed that was exclusively a single issue collection!

There are 4 known Church books that actually have the name "Church" written on them. One of them is an early Centaur and one is the most valuable comic book on the planet. The other two have Flessel covers. I've had one of the Flessels for awhile and was able to pick up the second one in the last CC auction.

150012.jpg.231d4a91ed4e147fca0dc57fd2dec390.jpg

150013.jpg.ad341da98d5f7979acd2887cc34bc868.jpg

There are 4 known Church books that actually have the name "Church" written on them. One of them is an early Centaur and one is the most valuable comic book on the planet. The other two have Flessel covers. I've had one of the Flessels for awhile and was able to pick up the second one in the last CC auction.

Whoa! How neat is that?

You have such an amazing collection. That AC26 is stunning.

Flessel is one of my favorite GA artists. I hope someone publishes an artbook for him one day.

That 26 is F_=_+_g great i have a lot of great Goldenage when Ian Levine said he wanted 1 i could not find 1. Than ebay had 1 in 08 and it went for a lot Great book and and its a church WOW :flamed: Edited by woowoo

I hope you do obtain that ultimate grail, with Church written on it. :wishluck:

Thanks for the sentiment Mike, but that's not going to happen for at least two reasons: (1) the Dentist won't sell it and (2) I don't have an extra $5 million - $10 million to spend. I'll have to settle for the two Flessels with the "Church" markings.

Congratulations, rarehighgrade.

It looks like the store clerk made an effort to write the name aesthetically, following the flow of the diagonal black bar. I wonder whether the writing on the last two copies was diagonal as well...

Congratulations, rarehighgrade.

It looks like the store clerk made an effort to write the name aesthetically, following the flow of the diagonal black bar. I wonder whether the writing on the last two copies was diagonal as well...

The writing on the Centaur book is up in the left hand corner, but does not follow any diagonal lines on the book. I have no idea about the Action because there is no photo of it and no one I know has seen it.

I hope you do obtain that ultimate grail, with Church written on it. :wishluck:

Thanks for the sentiment Mike, but that's not going to happen for at least two reasons: (1) the Dentist won't sell it and (2) I don't have an extra $5 million - $10 million to spend. I'll have to settle for the two Flessels with the "Church" markings.

Congrats, Peter. Those two Flessel covers are beauties and with Church's name appearing on so few books he collected it makes the prize that much sweeter. :headbang: