• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

That sounds naughty! :)

I don't think the added heat would work in this dish, but you gave me an idea. I've been trying to figure out what peppers I'm going to grow, and that Scotch Bonnet looks like a winner. I don't think I've ever seen them around here.

Oh man, that looks amazing.

I'd find a bigger pan and keep all of those stewed tomatos.

Thanks.

Yeah, I think what I'll do next time is use less chicken to get the ratio right.

Also, the portobello mushroom didn't really add anything and seemed to get lost in the flavor, so I won't use them again. Plus they're friggin' expensive.

The key to this dish is not to overcook the chicken so they stay ultra-tender, which means that liquid can't be reduced during cooking. So the liquid ratio has to be correct going in.

Just takes some tweeking, but this is a super simple dish.

That's interesting on the mushroom. I planned on using canned sliced (cheaper) and my wife and I love em, so we would probably keep.

Have you thought about celery or bell pepper?

Just figured out how to put start and stop times in the new embed codes. :whee:

Great music, don't think I've heard it since the last time I visited my quite old and retired parents :baiting::grin:

May I suggest something a little more up-to-date? :whistle: (hint: Do not play this on anything less than very good speakers or headphones (tsk) )

There are great lyrics! ;)

"Immortal

upload your self soul in binary

and live eternally convergence neural

connection sensory feedback mechanism

infinity event horizon continuity beyond

recognition seductive naked plastic skin"

Uhm, maybe this one is even better :popcorn:

Just figured out how to put start and stop times in the new embed codes. :whee:

Great music, don't think I've heard it since the last time I visited my quite old and retired parents :baiting::grin:

May I suggest something a little more up-to-date? :whistle: (hint: Do not play this on anything less than very good speakers or headphones (tsk) )

There are great lyrics! ;)

"Immortal

upload your self soul in binary

and live eternally convergence neural

connection sensory feedback mechanism

infinity event horizon continuity beyond

recognition seductive naked plastic skin"

Uhm, maybe this one is even better :popcorn:

lol I also listen to people like Skip James and Howlin' Wolf too. What can I say, I'm a music cognoscenti (read opinionated, music snob).

Prog, whether rock or jazz, had a very short life. Started with the Beatles Revolver album, and if you don't count groups like Saga, died on the vine in the late 70s from lack of sales.

Dream Theater is about the only newer band that I think comes close, although it could more properly be termed Progressive Metal.

The visual effects on that Mind.in.a.box video are pretty amazing. That's Austrian right?

PS - do you hail from Denmark by any chance?

Prog, whether rock or jazz, had a very short life. Started with the Beatles Revolver album, and if you don't count groups like Saga, died on the vine in the late 70s from lack of sales.

Dream Theater is about the only newer band that I think comes close, although it could more properly be termed Progressive Metal.

The visual effects on that Mind.in.a.box video are pretty amazing. That's Austrian right?

PS - do you hail from Denmark by any chance?

Guess Procol Harum could qualify too hm , although I'm no expert in prog rock. I do like many of these bands, great talent no matter the genre is always worth listening to, and it is great to be inspired by other enthusiasts. I grew up with a lot of computers and have always loved sci-fi movies (Bladerunner :cloud9:), so that did influence my taste in music.

Mind In A Box is from Austria, the music video is fan made using scenes from the 2004 movie Immortel (ad vitam). Most of these bands sell quite few albums, so if they ever make music videos the quality may only be slightly better than Trans X in 1982 :ohnoez:

I am Danish and still live in Denmark. Without me paying $100+ for each FedEx delivery, I'm sure they would be bankrupt by now :acclaim::facepalm:

There are a lot of new prog bands around these days, keeping the spirit alive

There are a lot of new prog bands around these days, keeping the spirit alive

Shhh. He's stuck in the 70's. Let him have this.

Sorry,double gatefold...with a bare bottom on the cover....

All the World's A Stage!!!!!!!

:acclaim::cloud9::headbang:

Nice! My cop is not the gatefold copy

One day,it is yours...ie,when I have extra shipping dough.

Anyone ever hear of a Sansui P-m90? Front loading computerised Record player from the 80s..... :popcorn: