• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
14 14

3,111 posts in this topic

Did I know that already? My daughter was born August 20th last year! :)

And I hear you - when you find them cheap, grab them. I had a lot of luck with big lots. I'll have to look, I may have a bunch of doubles I could send you. hm

Did I know that already? My daughter was born August 20th last year! :)

And I hear you - when you find them cheap, grab them. I had a lot of luck with big lots. I'll have to look, I may have a bunch of doubles I could send you. hm

hm and vice versa, I have an embarrassing out of doubles lol

I'll PM you when I get home this weekend, we might be able to swap some stuff to fill gaps :headbang:

And no, I'm not sure if I mentioned anything on the boards about this pregnancy. I think I said something around this time last year, but unfortunately that didn't end well. My patient wife and I have had a long road of miscarriages, but finally a son is on the way!

:gossip: She didn't like the names "Murdock" or "Franklin". I tried. :devil:

Those are awesome Rob and congrats on the impressive run! I was watching the #146 last night, but missed out on it! :(

Me too. It was an upgrade opportunity so I didn't go great guns on it but I was interested. I love that book, in general.

So, I've been really battling with the idea of grabbing the first 25 issues in HG. 9.2/9.4's basically.

It's been eating at me. I get antsy looking around, then I say to myself, "you know what Erndog... you've got a lot of other wants too. Some other keys, statues, hardcovers... maybe you're spreading yourself too thin?" and then I back off from the idea.

Then a few days pass and I think of it again and it starts eating at me again. And I say "ah, make it a life goal. You don't need all 25 in high grade right away. You have em all as mid-grades in your run. Just pick at them slowly, maybe a few a year or when the opportunity presents itself."

I'm torn! Because I know once I start it becomes an infatuation. Like a race against time! lol

So, I've been really battling with the idea of grabbing the first 25 issues in HG. 9.2/9.4's basically.

It's been eating at me. I get antsy looking around, then I say to myself, "you know what Erndog... you've got a lot of other wants too. Some other keys, statues, hardcovers... maybe you're spreading yourself too thin?" and then I back off from the idea.

Then a few days pass and I think of it again and it starts eating at me again. And I say "ah, make it a life goal. You don't need all 25 in high grade right away. You have em all as mid-grades in your run. Just pick at them slowly, maybe a few a year or when the opportunity presents itself."

I'm torn! Because I know once I start it becomes an infatuation. Like a race against time! lol

Honestly, with a few exceptions, the first 25 are exactly the kind of books you can get when you get them for a price you like. Especially if you're starting from scratch. They almost all show up regularly enough that there's one or two to bid on/pick up ever month or two.

Patience is a good thing with those books.

You can't go wrong with DD. I don't have 2-14 myself with the exception of 4. They do come up often enough but I don't seem to find deals like Rob. Most auctions for those require you to pay up front too and I have had a clink buy I didn't care for. You are welcome to my #4 but it's a VF.

20 and 31.

31 is weird. The last 31 in 9.4 sold (according to GPA at least) in 2007 :sorry:

Rob you are kicking arse man!! Congrats!!

I recall getting my #31 from C-Link I think. It was in the summer of 2012.

I remember waiting a while for one to surface.

And for me it just had to be a decent 9.4 with at least ow/w pages.

My hitch as many of you know, is having to pass on ow PQ. So me waiting a while, could have been for PQ. (Or just how the day was going for a grader:)

20 and 31.

31 is weird. The last 31 in 9.4 sold (according to GPA at least) in 2007 :sorry:

Rob you are kicking arse man!! Congrats!!

I recall getting my #31 from C-Link I think. It was in the summer of 2012.

I remember waiting a while for one to surface.

And for me it just had to be a decent 9.4 with at least ow/w pages.

My hitch as many of you know, is having to pass on ow PQ. So me waiting a while, could have been for PQ. (Or just how the day was going for a grader:)

Thanks!

Yeah, the run is coming together pretty well.Of course, with 20-25 books to go it's going to get weird from here on in. The early books are easier since they show up- I just have to suck it up and pay for them :insane:

It's the oddballs that are going to get me, I think. 122 and 144? Three separate issues in the 60s? Whatever is up with the scarcity of 31...