• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics or Alibaba?
1 1

84 posts in this topic

Alibaba is the world's biggest IPO, and looks like it will open around $90/share.

As an investment, would you rather have 100 shares of Alibaba or,say, a lower grade Amazing Fantasy 15?

I take Disney stock long-term over them. Disney has been very good to me! :cloud9:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Myspace, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, seems every single app/website/ect is severely overvalued and plummets immediately after going public.

Also, if Alibaba becomes more legitimate, they're probably going to rid the site of all the bootleg merchandise they have, which is probably 50% or more of their sales. I've bought THOUSANDS of bootleg watches from there. Imagine the drop in revenue when they're down to sterile label fashion ripoffs, cheap electronics that will break in a day, socks, and .

Also, ever try to return something or get a refund on Alibaba? Good luck. Of course I never complained too much, that's what happens when you buy bootleg garbage from China. But it also happened when I bought some Bamboo fiber socks and they sent me the wrong order. Too bad, enjoy whatever we sent you. I actually got a hilarious angry email in Google Translate English about how I wasted his time.

I know you've had it in for me for who knows how long, I think because I criticized smutty comics, but to criticize my character over that just shows how petty you are. I was always up front about what I was selling, and I always offered a fair value for what people were getting. I educated them as well as I could along the way about bootlegs as well. Anyway, if you see anyone in a black Submariner at any car show anywhere in the nation, there's a decent chance it came from me. I like to pick up car mags and check the show coverage very carefully to see people's wrists.

Now, would you criticize someone's character for selling a slabbed bootleg TMNT #1?

Edited by dupont2005

Take a person to task. Know anyone who owns, bought, sold a TMNT #1 bootleg? Tell them what a POS you think they are, directly. Or a Cerebus, or a Gobbledygook. Head on down to the Copper forum and let them know what you think of them.

Edited by dupont2005

Alibaba is the world's biggest IPO, and looks like it will open around $90/share.

As an investment, would you rather have 100 shares of Alibaba or,say, a lower grade Amazing Fantasy 15?

I take Disney stock long-term over them. Disney has been very good to me! :cloud9:

+1

I'm at +168% return on my Disney stock. That plus the dividend.

I love trading stock. But I only go for long term investment. Always look at dividend. Stocks with no dividend is a no go for me. (Of course look at other stuff too)

Just bought some SEAS stock. The massive drop is a dream for long term investment. Dividend over 4% and the stock will adjust upwards in a couple of months. (I could be wrong, but that's the risk. Even if I think minimum risk on this one.)

I know you've had it in for me for who knows how long, I think because I criticized smutty comics, but to criticize my character over that just shows how petty you are. I was always up front about what I was selling, and I always offered a fair value for what people were getting. I educated them as well as I could along the way about bootlegs as well.

This post neglects the financial hit companies and their employees take when bootleg versions of their products are sold. It also neglects the illegality of the importation of counterfeit products. Finally, it neglects the illegality of selling counterfeit products.

Congratulations for breaking the law and being proud of your character for doing so.

I think the difference is, people know they are buying a fake watch where they are lead to believe the tmnt 1 is real.

The other difference is that the watch manufacturer loses money by losing sales of items currently in production, whereas the publisher of TMNT no longer sells first printings of issue #1. In other words, the manufacturer gets screwed in your first example, and they buyer in your second.

I think the difference is, people know they are buying a fake watch where they are lead to believe the tmnt 1 is real.

The other difference is that the watch manufacturer loses money by losing sales of items currently in production, whereas the publisher of TMNT no longer sells first printings of issue #1. In other words, the manufacturer gets screwed in your first example, and they buyer in your second.

Ah, but if the person buying said watch never intended on purchasing the original and only bought the knock-off due to it's attractive price... does the manufacturer really suffer?

A manufacturer suffers when the availability of bootleg (illegally imported) and knock-off (counterfeit) products are sold to customers who would otherwise consider buying the legitimate products.