• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Sweet, could be great if done right. It will be interesting to see which team they go with. I also wouldn't rule out them using some of the suicide squad cast from Arrow led by Deathstroke. Manu Bennett and Michael Jai White already have big screen experience and fit their parts well.

Gee I wonder if they will use Harley Quinn? hm

Highly likely considering her popularity; though what I'm most worried about is the possible writer. His credits include the legend of chun li. Don't know if I want HQ in a movie if the writing would be so god awful.

Legends #3... and the monkeys start their ritual once again... :(

Picked up a NM copy at a show for a dollar and even the dealer looked at my like "Why would you want that book?"

This makes me wonder what incarnation they will use in the film. That will dictate which of these books heats up. Brave and the Bold? Legends? The current series?

Realistically, when books with almost zero market value suddenly are part of something big like a movie, what is a bump? Are there examples of $5 books being worth $150 within a year or two?

Taking a look, Walking Dead #1 9.8 was a $100 book until 2006. Legends 3 9.8 is a $100 book now. Of course, Walking Dead is phenomenon.

I'm guessing the 9.8s and 9.6s benefit, the rest not so much.

Realistically, when books with almost zero market value suddenly are part of something big like a movie, what is a bump? Are there examples of $5 books being worth $150 within a year or two?

Taking a look, Walking Dead #1 9.8 was a $100 book until 2006. Legends 3 9.8 is a $100 book now. Of course, Walking Dead is phenomenon.

Actually being able to sell them. ;)

Actually being able to sell them. ;)

True dat. Or sell them above 1/3 of what you paid for them

I agree with some of the others... Too many announcements. Suicide squad, sinister six, shazam, etc. I'm just not interested in a slaughter of poorly done movies, Ryan Reynolds back in a super hero movie scares me.

The best bet if people like to play cautious is stick to Marvel and Batman related keys, as they have a proven track record.

Tough comic book speculating bets are buying the Image comic books that get optioned by a Hollywood studio,then waiting years to see if they ever get made.

I agree with some of the others... Too many announcements. Suicide squad, sinister six, shazam, etc. I'm just not interested in a slaughter of poorly done movies, Ryan Reynolds back in a super hero movie scares me.

The best bet if people like to play cautious is stick to Marvel and Batman related keys, as they have a proven track record.

Tough comic book speculating bets are buying the Image comic books that get optioned by a Hollywood studio,then waiting years to see if they ever get made.

I suppose if you're buying some of those Image books at 50 cents to a dollar a piece its not too hard to sit on them. Hell, you can find the Legends mini series for a $5 easy.

Speculating is best served on minor books that don't have a lot of room to tank. Spend the big $$ on books you love.

Speaking of Legends, don't sleep on #1, first app of Amanda Waller.