• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

I have no inside information and can only relate what I've seen at other companies but the logic that goes into decisions such as to update the site with exact turn around times is :crazy:

in other news, my final column (on my MFT) is now missing the key comments info,so it should be hitting graded/qc by tomorrow

I never do fast track, but I did with my economy books. The 50 biz days scared me.

Not sure of the actual TAT for EFT but happy they hit verified.

The key comments on my standard appeared then disappeared today... So QC possibly shipped tomorrow :shrug:

Or is there another damn con?

Edited by DoveCity187

I checked the first post on this thread. There was usually 100+ business days turnaroud. The few last posts showed 40 to 60 business days turnaround during the high peak this year. The first post was back in 2012. It shows little improvement on the time management. I think CGC still needs hiring more people to speed up the process.

Maybe they need two teams. One team will be at the show while other team stay at the building in Sarasota. It will never delay on all turnarounds again. I have only one book that was mailed recently to my dealer. Wait until the high seasonal is over then I will send my books in November. I don't have to wait or keep checking on my order status.

Please be aware. If there is a hold up in your order such as you owe CGC funds, it will certainly delay your grades and shipping. I waited an additional week to find CS telling me that my order was on hold due to an accounting issue. Connected me to accounting only to find there was no issue. Books shipped that day. No issue at all, but CGC I feel wasn't going to reach out to me. Could It just sat there? How long? When do you call?

Previous Submissions

MST > Received: 5/15 > Verified: 6/10 > Scheduled for Grading: 6/18 > Graded: 7/02 > Grading/Quality Control: 7/15 > Shipped/Safe: 7/15 *

MST > Received: 6/02 > Verified: 7/01 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/10 > Graded: 7/16 > Graded/Quality Control: Skipped > Shipped/Safe: 7/28 *

MFT > Received: 6/02 > Verified: 6/10 > Scheduled for Grading: 6/16 > Graded: 6/23 > Graded/Quality Control: 6/26 > Shipped/Safe: 6/30 *

MST > Received: 6/26 > Verified: 8/05 > Scheduled for Grading: 8/08 > Graded: 8/08 > Grading/Quality Control: 8/13 > Shipped/Safe: 8/19 *

MFT > Received: 6/25 > Verified: 6/30 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/08 > Graded: 7/11 > Grading/Quality Control: 7/15 > Shipped/Safe: 7/17 *

MFT > Received: 7/14 > Verified: 7/15 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/21 > Graded: 7/23 > Graded/Quality Control: 7/30 > Shipped/Safe: 8/01 *

MFT > Received: 7/17 > Verified: 7/18 > Scheduled for Grading: 7/29 > Graded: 7/30 > Grading/Quality Control: 7/31 > Shipped/Safe: 8/4 *

Current Submissions

MST > Received: 6/25 > Verified: 7/30 > Scheduled for Grading: 8/25 > Graded: 8/26 > Grading/Quality Control: 9/8 >

MST > Received: 8/04 > Verified: 9/17 >

MST > Received: 8/05 > Verified: 9/18 >

MST > Received: 8/05 >

MST > Received: 8/06 >

MFT (Pre-Screen) > Received: 8/27 > Verified: 9/09 > Scheduled for Grading: 9/10 > Graded: 9/11 > Grading/Quality Control: 9/15 >

MFT > Received: 9/05 > Verified: 9/12 > Scheduled for Grading: 9/16 > Graded: 9/16

MFT > Received: 9/15 >

unless the info has disappeared on the final column then I believe you will go grading/qc on Friday and shipped on Monday.

What's sad for me is that my Modern slow which arrived in July will probably ship after the MFT which arrived on 9/8

My comics entered Grading/QC on 9/4 andddddd........are still there. :tonofbricks: Good luck with shipping on Monday. lol

So why don't they hire more people? Seems like they could churn out that much more revenue. Are there not enough bodies who know how to grade?

Grading doesn't seem to be the source of the delay. That is encapsulation. And it'd be cheaper to buy more machines (in medium and long term costs) than hire graders, and they'd likely see more improvement in TATs.

Look at how long books take to go from verified to graded, then look at how long they take to go from graded to shipped. My last order was graded for a calendar month before shipping. That's ludicrous, even for a slow track value.

unless the info has disappeared on the final column then I believe you will go grading/qc on Friday and shipped on Monday.

What's sad for me is that my Modern slow which arrived in July will probably ship after the MFT which arrived on 9/8

My comics entered Grading/QC on 9/4 andddddd........are still there. :tonofbricks: Good luck with shipping on Monday. lol

What tier did you submit the books under?

Free grading coupon for joining Collectors Society. 15 day turn around. It was received on 8/7. :sick:

Free grading coupon for joining Collectors Society. 15 day turn around. It was received on 8/7. :sick:

10 days of QC on a "15 day" turnaround. :cloud9:

They must be doing an epic level of QC. (shrug)

Totally. My coupon ought to hit received soon, I'm hoping to have them back by Halloween. :wishluck:

Totally. My coupon ought to hit received soon, I'm hoping to have them back by Halloween. :wishluck:

:gossip: Thanksgiving. :gossip:

Probably more like it.

I checked the first post on this thread. There was usually 100+ business days turnaroud. The few last posts showed 40 to 60 business days turnaround during the high peak this year. The first post was back in 2012. It shows little improvement on the time management. I think CGC still needs hiring more people to speed up the process.

Maybe they need two teams. One team will be at the show while other team stay at the building in Sarasota. It will never delay on all turnarounds again. I have only one book that was mailed recently to my dealer. Wait until the high seasonal is over then I will send my books in November. I don't have to wait or keep checking on my order status.

Graders do not go to most shows unless it is on-site grading.

CSRs being away doesn't help what you want.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Graders do not go to most shows unless it is on-site grading.

CSRs being away doesn't help what you want.

The graders are going to the shows too. I talked with the leader at the show last April.

The half stays and other half go.

Probably more like it.

It took 30 days for my Coupon Submission to ship out.