• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I don't want to oversell it but I personally think #15 was by far the best issue to date. It was better than #10 and #13 which I still think were super cool and unexpected. I haven't been this intrigued by a book since Jupiter's Legacy #3. Its the kind of story you'll remember for a very long time. East of West is quickly moving into 1 of my favorite reads ever. I think Hickman is moving toward Warren Ellis type territory when it comes to his storytelling and world building. I can't think of a greater compliment for a comic book writer. :applause:

I don't want to oversell it but I personally think #15 was by far the best issue to date. It was better than #10 and #13 which I still think were super cool and unexpected. I haven't been this intrigued by a book since Jupiter's Legacy #3. Its the kind of story you'll remember for a very long time. East of West is quickly moving into 1 of my favorite reads ever. I think Hickman is moving toward Warren Ellis type territory when it comes to his storytelling and world building. I can't think of a greater compliment for a comic book writer. :applause:

Totally agree. This book has all the pieces in place now... 15 was a major step in pacing the story forward. Babylon...... Whoah... Just incredible. I have soooo much in my pull, I love seeing this every month. And I agree, the art has gotten a lot better, it's a little wonkie for me at times, but overall it's very strong. The storytelling is world class... I'm amazed this didn't win more this year but it almost took this long to get all the pieces on the board.

Totally agree. This book has all the pieces in place now... 15 was a major step in pacing the story forward. Babylon...... Whoah... Just incredible. I have soooo much in my pull, I love seeing this every month. And I agree, the art has gotten a lot better, it's a little wonkie for me at times, but overall it's very strong. The storytelling is world class... I'm amazed this didn't win more this year but it almost took this long to get all the pieces on the board.

I agree about the pieces. It was kind of like a great board game. It took a while to set up but boy is it fun to play ! :D

What's up dudes ? :hi:

It's been a little quiet around here for the majority of the month. I'm ready for NYCC even though I can't go there. I do love the frenzied updates. I hope everybody is well rested because I know a few people ready to light the modern boards up. :banana:

What's up dudes ? :hi:

It's been a little quiet around here for the majority of the month. I'm ready for NYCC even though I can't go there. I do love the frenzied updates. I hope everybody is well rested because I know a few people ready to light the modern boards up. :banana:

Yes it has been. Time to blow it up.

atomic-bomb-o.gif