• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

Shazam 28 has been a sleeper. I have owned about 12 copies, extremely hard to find in HG, and a GREAT chracter who is used consistently in modern comics. This book deserves the credit WAY more than Ms Marvel 1.

I respectfully disagree. :foryou:

1. It's a DC. :P

2. Shazam is a second-tier title, with a third-tier (at best) super-hero. :P :p

3. S28 may be scarce, but only because the title was a total FAIL (after the C.C. Beck issues), and in a nose-dive at the time. :P :p :P

4. Black Adam? Your kiddin' me right? :popcorn:

opinions vary, but other common books that feature Black Adam are doing good as well.

not my book.

DC Comics Presents 49

Thanks! Going to pull that one tonight! :grin:

(thumbs u

There indeed appears to be some interest:

DC Comics Presents 49 :grin:

Other recent sales. :popcorn:

Shazam 28 has been a sleeper. I have owned about 12 copies, extremely hard to find in HG, and a GREAT chracter who is used consistently in modern comics. This book deserves the credit WAY more than Ms Marvel 1.

3. S28 may be scarce, but only because the title was a total FAIL (after the C.C. Beck issues), and in a nose-dive at the time. :P :p :P

opinions vary, but other common books that feature Black Adam are doing good as well.

not my book.

DC Comics Presents 49

(thumbs u

:applause:

I haven't looked at ebay prices for a while, but it seems like Shazam 28 is starting to cool a little. Prices are still strong, just not as crazy.

I haven't been able to find ANY of the later Shazam issues locally. Either the comic stores have been picked clean, or they didn't have any to begin with.

When the hell is a book that I have dozens of going to do that???

:mad:

Justice League #1 needs to pop like a zit.

does it have Black Adam on the cover? :baiting:(shrug)

Frankly, I was shocked I only had one copy. :(

not my book.

DC Comics Presents 49

(thumbs u

I'm surprise All-New Collectors' Edition #C-58 (June 1978): "When Worlds Collide" is not a hot item yet. It's his 2nd full appearance. If I remember correctly he battles Supergirl.

The only reason I can think of why DC Comics Presents #49 is a hot item right now...maybe one day Warner Brothers will feature a film having Captain Marvel & Superman battling Black Adam, BUT that would be after a Superman Vs. Captain Marvel fight. Soooo JLA #137 might be on the next hot item list.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5014481

Edited by vane

not my book.

DC Comics Presents 49

(thumbs u

I'm surprise All-New Collectors' Edition #C-58 (June 1978): "When Worlds Collide" is not a hot item yet. It's his 2nd full appearance. If I remember correctly he battles Supergirl.

The only reason I can think of why DC Comics Presents #49 is a hot item right now...maybe one day Warner Brothers will feature a film having Captain Marvel & Superman battling Black Adam, BUT that would be after a Superman Vs. Captain Marvel fight. Soooo JLA #137 might be on the next hot item list.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5014481

I read somewhere that the Shazam movie won't take place in the Justice League universe, but that could always change.

Forever People #1 CGC 9.6 @ $405 & 30 watchers -- Reserve NOT met. hm

I had a nice copy of this comic but had no idea what I was selling when I let it go. :/

Yep, this wasn't always considered Darkseids first full appearance. OPG always had it as such, but CGC called it a cameo. He's not on every page of the book, but he's in it enough. 6 panels I believe, spread across 3-4 pages with plenty of speaking. He plays a slightly larger role than Gamora in ST 180, which is considered her first full. When its close, sometimes picking up a reader and doing some due dilligence can make a world of difference.