• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic PCH stories
1 1

290 posts in this topic

You can't read a slabbed comic book.

It seems that your sig line is befitting you nicely! :golfclap:

I noticed on this board that so many of you collect higher grade slabbed comics, that of course can't be read.

My books are mostly lower grade, in the Good to Fine range, and collected expressly for reading, except in a very few instances principally for their cover illustrations.

Glad ya'all are enjoying the perfidy and gore, eh eh!

Fight Against Crime, 17. EC swipe?

It's as blatant a swipe as ever existed, but even so, what a nice job on the art. I'm a huge fan of the EC/Crandall original and had no idea this story was out there. Thanks! :applause:

Fight Against Crime, 17. EC swipe?

It's as blatant a swipe as ever existed, but even so, what a nice job on the art. I'm a huge fan of the EC/Crandall original and had no idea this story was out there. Thanks! :applause:

Check out "Ghost Town", on page 16, which is an obvious EC swipe as well.

I agree. The last story, The Phantom Ship, was a well scripted tale with well rounded characters (for such a short story). By the time they got to the temple, I was wondering where the ship was coming into play but it worked in nicely. So did Circe by adding a touch of mythology right out of Homer's Odyssey.

The last two pages of posts have some of the most disturbing stories I've seen yet. Gruesome and frightening, but very cool. Thanks guys.

Good thing the CCA came along then, eh? "Protecting" us from such vile fare...;)

. Oh yeah, baby, hooked again !!!

Always enjoy engaging pre-code addicts!!